• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Group B Discussion

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
South Africa are running out of overs for their primary overs. After this Lopsy over Steyn has one more and Lopsy has none. Down to Morris, McLaren and Petersen.

WI's to lose IMO.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
South Africa are running out of overs for their primary overs. After this Lopsy over Steyn has one more and Lopsy has none. Down to Morris, McLaren and Petersen.

WI's to lose IMO.
I'd share your confidence if Samuels hadn't chucked his wicket away.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
It's not really confidence, I like South Africa :p Anyway, Sammy is a pretty handy number 8, but it just got interesting again.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Good on SA if they've got this. Twenty yrs of misery..about time they got a good deal. Hope they go win the whole thing now.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Incredible, something about South Africa and d/l drama.
Guess they'll all argue that it's payback for them getting screwed over in (92?) though.

I know that WI haven't been screwed over, as such, FTR, just a tad unlucky.

Don't know why the Sky pundits are having a massive whinge about not knowing what's going on though.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I hope people don't lay into Pollard. You can't bat assuming you're going to go off every ball, especially as the commentators were implying there would be no more rain.

BeeGee

International Captain
I hope people don't lay into Pollard. You can't bat assuming you're going to go off every ball, especially as the commentators were implying there would be no more rain.
Yeah, it's just bad luck. If the rain had come one ball earlier...

Another exciting game ruined by rain :dry:

BeeGee

International Captain
So did we really need to waste another 10 minutes on the national anthems. That's 10 minutes of sun and the game being reduced by an over. Such a Cricket thing to do.
Definitely affected the result of this game, tbh.

Anthems are nice to have, not need to have and should be the first thing sacrificed in shortened games.

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Guy is an idiot

Do you seriously think that it was bright sunshine with no chance of rain as the bowler was running up?

Deserves all the stick that is coming his way IMO