• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Group A Discussion - England, India, Afghanistan

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Benefit the doubt goes to the batsman BCCI player.

Always peculiar when they take 4-5 minutes to check and recheck the same thing and give it against the batsman. If there's no doubt why do you need to see it so many times?

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Benefit the doubt goes to the batsman BCCI player.

Always peculiar when they take 4-5 minutes to check and recheck the same thing and give it against the batsman. If there's no doubt why do you need to see it so many times?
To make sure they don't **** up? This one was pretty obvious from the third angle anyways.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Think Naib rates his batting rather more than the evidence suggests he should.

The jolly mowing from Dalwat suggests his partner should've had more faith.

Scaly piscine

Given India's batting depth I don't think the catches would have made a huge difference in retrospect, because there wasn't much of an assault in the middle to late overs - the only exception is the one that went for 6 instead of being caught as that's six extra runs plus the wicket. The injuries certainly didn't help Afghanistan. But they really need to convert starts into longer innings.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Afghans are without their best paceman. Scary to think what Hamid Hasan at high 130s to low 140s would have done with the new ball. These guys definietly are better than Irish or Banglas.

Jager

International Debutant
Given India's batting depth I don't think the catches would have made a huge difference in retrospect, because there wasn't much of an assault in the middle to late overs - the only exception is the one that went for 6 instead of being caught as that's six extra runs plus the wicket. The injuries certainly didn't help Afghanistan. But they really need to convert starts into longer innings.
Shahzad was very irresponsible with his innings in particular - got off to a flying start but really threw it away with some filthy batting. Nabi looked alright but threw it away too, but at that stage of the match he had to go for it I guess

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shahzad was very irresponsible with his innings in particular - got off to a flying start but really threw it away with some filthy batting. Nabi looked alright but threw it away too, but at that stage of the match he had to go for it I guess
Shahzad was batting poorly from the start tbh, 0 feet movement and 100% premeditated swipes. He'll still score runs once in a while though obv

Scaly piscine

Afghans are without their best paceman. Scary to think what Hamid Hasan at high 130s to low 140s would have done with the new ball. These guys definietly are better than Irish or Banglas.
More raw talent certainly. I would back Ireland and Bangladesh to beat them convincingly in ODIs or FC cricket.

the_big_fan

Cricket Spectator
Hello peeps new to the forum.

What is your predication on the outcome of England v Afghanistan?

Like your forum, nice contributors with some lively expertise.