• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at Trent Bridge

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Someone mentioned it in the English Domestic thread, but 100% would rest Root for the ODI series given his back is a little dodgy.
That would be me.

My main motivation is actually giving Taylor a run in the ODI side; that doing so could also benefit Root by giving him a rest is a bonus.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Does anyone know why JB wasn't given a decent run in the side despite a 95 against South Africa in 2012 when most England did poorly for most part? England usually give players a decent run as opposed to Pakistan or West Indies.

91Jmay

International Coach
Does anyone know why JB wasn't given a decent run in the side despite a 95 against South Africa in 2012 when most England did poorly for most part? England usually give players a decent run as opposed to Pakistan or West Indies.
He had a horror in last home Ashes. Kept getting bowled.

Howe_zat

Audio File
He did. He was in the side as 6th batsmen so was reserve middle order in India in 2012-13 when they wanted to play Samit Patel as an allrounder. Then he was in the side regularly through 2013 and got dropped after a year.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Root's been brilliant, not sure why I get the feeling he's going to fall short. Hope I'm wrong.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is Bairstow's bowled problem officially behind him them? Used to get cleaned up so frequently, I thought Starc's natural inswing would be a huge issue. He's looked very iffy overall, but that particular technical fault of his is behind him now, I guess?