• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* - Final - India v Sri Lanka

Who will win the World Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maximus0723

State Regular
Yuvraj's wickets in the knockout stages - Haddin, Clarke, Shafiq, Younis Khan, Sanga, Samaraweera. Some good players of spin in there, and some very threatening partnerships broken. I still have no ****ing clue how he did it. :laugh:
Line and length and variation in speed

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Line and length and variation in speed
Variation in angle and trajectory as well. He used the crease and some of his deliveries came around a lot higher than others.

He bowls in a very similar way to Jayasuriya; on the right pitch he's a proper frontline bowler in ODIs. Not great to watch but he gets it done.

biased indian

International Coach
oh man its 2 days and still the good feeling has not died down..

cried for the first time in my life with joy...and it was not when dhoni hit the six..but when the great man said it was his best moment of his life...

had to control my wife who is advised rest because of first trimester

and finally at burgery..you didn't have to say that mate...it felt very bad

biased indian

International Coach
She's stripping for the players
..oh i thought she was going to strip may be in a ground or some thing like that.

wonder how many in the team will be interested to go..don't think any of the married guys will go..even if they want to :)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
lol.. was about to post it.. juz now shared that on my FB... such a superstitious guy..lol.

On another note, juz read through the entire thread and jeez, some people's hatred for Team India winning just could not be more obvious.. I posted what I did after our win in the complete belief that it would be obnoxious and over the top, but looking at the posts by folks here, I would say it was perfectly warranted. :ph34r:

irfan

State Captain
Not taking any credit for this as I saw it posted elsewhere but here's an interesting coincidence:

India defeated their last four opponents on their road to WC glory in the same chronological order as their opponents had won World Cups.

Last League Match: West Indies (Won WC 1975, 1979)
QF: Australia (1987, 1999, 2003 & 2007)
SF: Pakistan (1992)
F: Sri Lanka (1996)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Dravid, Sourav and Laxman deserve to hold that baby as well imo. :)
That World Cup is a triumph of Indian cricket. Whilst it's a ODI trophy, it's linked to India's achievements over the last decade IMO. All the way back to 2001 vs. Aust and 2002 vs. Eng, which started the slow rise.

post-2007 WC was the rise of course, but what the fab 4 with the bat and Kumble with the ball have done for India's winning mentality years before that shouldn't be underestimated.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That World Cup is a triumph of Indian cricket. Whilst it's a ODI trophy, it's linked to India's achievements over the last decade IMO. All the way back to 2001 vs. Aust and 2002 vs. Eng, which started the slow rise.

post-2007 WC was the rise of course, but what the fab 4 with the bat and Kumble with the ball have done for India's winning mentality years before that shouldn't be underestimated.
AWTA.

z

R_D

International Debutant

AWTA..

Got to love Dhoni though... Didn't forget any of these guys.... Gave Credit to Ganguly, Kumble and Dravid for their contribution to Indian cricket.
India crowned world champions: Dhoni acknowledges role of quartet | Cricket News | ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 | ESPN Cricinfo
:happy:

biased indian

International Coach
That is an awesome site.. Kumble holding the cup and Sachin with so much Joy.
kumble in a tv programe had said about it ..he said sachin called him to come to the dressing room and handed over to him personally..you can see the joy in their faces..

kumble said it was very proud moment for him... ven thoguh he was not part of the team

Sourav even though he was in the stadium had lot of tv commitments as he was doing experts job in couple of news channel so that's why he didn't join them i think