• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at the SCG

BeeGee

International Captain
This tour just seems to lurch from one shambolic fiasco to another. It surely can't get much worse.
Yeah, it's pretty bad

I guess the only way it could get worse is if Broad was sent home after discovering he's pregnant amid controversy and speculation as to who the father is.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I was also at the SCG the day Warne made his debut and reckon a major difference between he and Borthwick today was that Shane spun the ball miles, beating the bat a lot in between the crap
Yeah, that's a huge point I reckon. Warne beat Shastri's bat what seemed like every over even whilst taking 200 off him. Also I remember Warne being more punished for being monotonous than crap bowling, outright half-trackers, etc.

Hooksey

Banned
Drawing any kind of comparison between Borthwick and Shane Warne is at least a bit of comic relief for the 4-0 whopping that's likely headed for 5-0..

Burgey

Steve Waugh piece on playing at the SCG. Burgeinho just said "One day my name will be on those honour boards".

Gotta have dreams I suppose.

Burgey

What's the story with Richie? I thought he was going to be back for this test? Is he looking at being around for the Odis? It's just not the same without him, and not having Bill for most of the summer had been **** too.

I mean, why do those two blokes have things keeping them from commentating but ****s like Chappell, Healy and Brayshaw go on forever? ****s me no end.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Bill was simply outstanding at the boxing day test.

I actually find Nicholas and Slats the most annoying. Long superlative sentences that sound like they have a thesaurus sitting in front of them that continue for a number of deliveries taking away from the actual cricket

Hooksey

Banned

I actually find Nicholas and Slats the most annoying. Long superlative sentences that sound like they have a thesaurus sitting in front of them that continue for a number of deliveries taking away from the actual cricket
Like an old wine Bill is getting better with age. He is still to reach his prime.

Burgey

That annoys me ****loads.

Nicholas did a few Ryobi Cup games in the early season and was talking about technical aspects of batting. He was fantastic. Really insightful. Then the international season starts and he goes back to getting wood every time someone hits a cover drive.

Burgey

Rad dispelling the retirement rumour which had been started by Matthew Wade.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
That annoys me ****loads.

Nicholas did a few Ryobi Cup games in the early season and was talking about technical aspects of batting. He was fantastic. Really insightful. Then the international season starts and he goes back to getting wood every time someone hits a cover drive.
Didn't hear that but it drives me crazy.

I think a few punters here criticise Warne in the comm box but for all his faults he never talks through a ball being delivered. A couple insightful comments, his thoughts, the odd joke and thats it. I don't need to hear ****ing poetry.

I really feel that Slats and Nicholas take away from the cricket when they do that.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rad dispelling the retirement rumour which had been started by Matthew Wade.
Was interesting hearing him talk about England's tactics to him and Smith too - there's something in the wicket, so we'll bowl short to two guys who can pull.

Hooksey

Banned
Was interesting hearing him talk about England's tactics to him and Smith too - there's something in the wicket, so we'll bowl short to two guys who can pull.
Like all Tests we won't know what a good score is on the wicket until both teams have batted on it. But Haddin's thoughts are interesting, and my gut feeling is we'll dismiss England for less than we made. Hopefully a lot less.

Burgey

Oh God, Chappell banging on about how bad the night watchman idea was before a ball is bowled. Fmd

Burgey

Like all Tests we won't know what a good score is on the wicket until both teams have batted on it. But Haddin's thoughts are interesting, and my gut feeling is we'll dismiss England for less than we made. Hopefully a lot less.
Can't see us bowling as short.

Lol, as I type......