• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2022/23

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I don't know how Guardiola kept a straight face with the last bit of this pre-match quote:
Pep has his say. “At the end of the season, everyone is going to play the same games … we cannot control anything else … this is an important one, but the next one will be too … Palace are a physical team with a lot of quality up front …

Meanwhile Vieira tells it how it is:
Patrick Vieira speaks to Sky. “… if we play well, we have a better chance of winning a football game …
No kidding Yoda.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bastard, possibly a bit harsh.

yet thinking of bastards, gawd please let the Slime carry on choking with as much sputum possible.

Pothas

They have has a pretty horrible run of fixtures haven't they?

Reminds me of Brentford last season, had a horrible run but were never actually that close to relegation. Then the fixtures got easier and everyone just said we stayed up because of Eriksen.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
They have has a pretty horrible run of fixtures haven't they?

Reminds me of Brentford last season, had a horrible run but were never actually that close to relegation. Then the fixtures got easier and everyone just said we stayed up because of Eriksen.
It's much closer this year though, and while their fixtures turn, if they don't get a couple of wins soon they'll be in deep ****.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
@wpdavid to comment on Vieira's sacking.

Seems fair enough to me.
Funny old time to do it. Losing 1-0 to City is hardly a sacking offence, ditto the same score at Brighton. And all the talk of replacing him with Kompany or Carrick seems delusional. Unimpressed as I am with Vieira this season, I'd have preferred to keep him in place to see us through the next couple of months' run of six-pointers, and, one way or another, take it from there for next season. But it really is going to be squeaky bum time after the international break.

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone Forest down could go down I’d say
No way are my lot not in the relegation mixer. Wolves look OK to me, and I think Everton will comfortably stay up. With Palace away to Arsenal, this may well be the round of matches when about three teams overtake us in one hit. And who knows what will happen after that. Southampton look poor, but they do occasionally win games. Bournemouth seem to be on the up; great win against Liverpool, and unlucky to lose at Arsenal. I think Forest have enough quality to stay where they are now. West Ham should have the players to be safe. Sort of Everton in reverse, as they will need to do it despite their manager, and you'd think they eventually will do. No idea about Leeds. And I almost forgot about Leicester, who should have the players to be safe but are having an absolutely shocking run of results. And yet I think they will occasionally win enough games to be safe. My guess is that Southampton, Leeds and Palace will go down.

Last edited:

Pothas

Just looked at Palace's fixtures and it is even more extreme than I thought. After Arsenal the only top team they have the rest of the season is Spurs. They will be fine.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Just looked at Palace's fixtures and it is even more extreme than I thought. After Arsenal the only top team they have the rest of the season is Spurs. They will be fine.
Maybe you're right. But the comments on the post-match boards by Palace fans who are actually watching them this season have been pretty scathing; which isn't like the Palace regulars. It would help if we knew where their next goal was coming from. Anyway, Newcastle are officially my second favourite team tonight, and perhaps Brentford, Wolves, Villa, Tottenham and Chelsea can all do their bit tomorrow.

Last edited: