• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2022/23

WICFan

U19 Captain
Between sub-par player performances, Tuchel appearing out of character, bar the Tottenham game, Chelsea have been poor, can't say I'm overly surprised, something has been brewing for the past few weeks.

The scatter gun approach in the transfer market, Boehly going it alone behind the scenes from the Summer hasn't helped matters either.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Very strange, I just assumed he was there for the season, but as Furball kept reminding us this happened at Dortmund and PSG too.

Surely the plan is to go for Poch? Spurs fans will love that.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Very strange, I just assumed he was there for the season, but as Furball kept reminding us this happened at Dortmund and PSG too.

Surely the plan is to go for Poch? Spurs fans will love that.
Potter apparently

Uppercut

Potter apparently
Just saw that, although they are also getting in touch with Poch and Zidane.

The new owners are coming across as absolute morons in general, but I don't really get the widespread horror at this sacking. Swapping Tuchel out for Potter would be close to a wash. Tuchel more proven but there's a chance things had gone past the point of no return with him.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Madness. Chelsea have shot themselves in the foot.
In 2022 they've won 12, drawn 6 and lost 6 in the league.

They can barely buy a goal and aren't as defensively solid as they were 12 months ago so can't get away with producing crap football to the same extent.

That's before you get into Tuchel's constant off field rubbish.

He did exactly the same at Mainz, Dortmund and PSG.

Chelsea are correct to cut their losses now and get a new manager in who might actually get them playing football.

Uppercut

Writing's been on the wall for weeks IMO.
You think so? They seemed to buy Aubameyang specifically for Tuchel just last week. I know they've looked terrible, but they're only in 6th, and they won at the weekend. Not many boards sack a manager based on playing badly in wins.

Like I said I really don't hate it if they get a decent replacement. But I am surprised.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
You think so? They seemed to buy Aubameyang specifically for Tuchel just last week. I know they've looked terrible, but they're only in 6th, and they won at the weekend. Not many boards sack a manager based on playing badly in wins.

Like I said I really don't hate it if they get a decent replacement. But I am surprised.
The timing's weird based on the signings, but they were crap at the end of last season, Tuchel seems to have fallen out over summer with a number of his players, and I think he's basically gone into 'more hassle than he's worth' territory.

Chelsea have never been shy about sacking managers in the last 20 years, and it generally works out ok for them.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
?

Anyway, I see Tuchel is doing his 'fall out with his players' routine that worked so brilliantly for him at Dortmund, PSG and Mainz so a wee flutter on him being sacked seems like it's just free money.
Hope you made a few quid on this, fella.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Imagine being Billy Gilmour. Leave Chelsea to go and work with Potter at Brighton, Potter then immediately leaves Brighton for Chelsea.

Niall

International Coach
Its very early days so need to avoid hyperbole but Casemiro looked very off pace tonight. He needs games but he is 30 and on massive money so needs to get up to speed ASAP.
Maguire and Ronaldo are cumbersome in their own ways, the latter is washed .

Uppercut

Yeah not many minutes but Casemiro looks properly bad so far.

Dreadful decision on the penalty, not that we deserved anything from the game. I’m loving Martinez’s aggro.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Should have been up at the half. Having Fred play that role with his abysmal passing was like playing with 10 men.

We looked a slow team with Maguire, Ronaldo and Casemiro.

Himannv

International Coach
I don't believe canceling games is the way to go. I believe the standard procedure in such an event should be a 20-point deduction and transfer ban for Liverpool.