• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official English Football Season 2021/22***

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I don't normally root for the bigger clubs in lower league play offs - but hopefully Sunderland or Sheff Wed will do the business against the anti-football brigade.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't normally root for the bigger clubs in lower league play offs - but hopefully Sunderland or Sheff Wed will do the business against the anti-football brigade.
Hmm, gotta say I'd rather play Wednesday or Sunderland than ****ing Wycombe, it's a dilemma to be sure.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm, gotta say I'd rather play Wednesday or Sunderland than ****ing Wycombe, it's a dilemma to be sure.
I'll probably feel differently if we're playing them next season and they're kicking people, spoiling and throwing themselves around in the tenth minute of injury time. But for now I hope they get slaughtered. :tooth:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I’ve never been the Stadium of Light. I was very excited about it after our 2019 promotion but found myself in hospital when it came around. Since then I’ve been praying for them to stay down so I’d get the chance when we get back up but seeing as we are determined not to do it, **** it they might as well get back up.

Load of them were staying at the same hotel as me Wembley weekend in 2019 and I have to say, by and large Sunderland fans are good folk

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Part of me hopes they go up as we know they come straight back down anyway and it is funny seeing the big clubs who think they are too big for this division get stuck here for longer.

Will we get to see Sunderland fans crying on the telly this year?

grecian

Been to Roker Park and Hillsbrough, never stadium of Light, so definetely want sunderland to stay in the division, got nothing against Wednesday, so probably my preference to go up, but each one has it's advantages and disadvantages.

The Division 4 play-offs look bleak though, all ****e, hate moneybags Mansfield, I guess I want Swindon for locality, but they're all so meh, mind you they probably think the same about us.

Keegan Bradley is costing me a lot of money at the moment, honestly who backs someone with the same name as the permed idiot who missed that header in '82.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I've been to Hillsborough, Roker and the Stadium of Light, including 0-3, 1-2 and 1-5 defeats. My first trip to Hillsborough was particularly odd. It was the season after the disaster and we were in the stand above the Leppings Lane terrace. A lot of our fans spent the entire game pointing out where things had happened and where people had died. It was all quite eerie. On the pitch Trevor Francis was knocking on for 40 and took us to the cleaners.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Went to Hillsborough in 05. We won the game to pretty much tie up 3rd place but my main memory of the day was that we asked a bloke on the street where away fans were welcome for a drink. He pointed at some snooker club, we went in and ordered pints and then felt the most threatening stares imaginable from all angles.

We swiftly necked our drinks and ****ed off, realising we’d been set up.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pep talking rubbish saying everyone loves Liverpool, yes the pundits do but that is because most of them are ex Liverpool players but the public hate them. Yes you can respect that they are good to watch in the same way that Fergusons United were but it doesn't mean you want them to win.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
The Scottish football writers' body have excelled themselves today. Not content with allowing brazenly misogynistic speakers at their end-of season award, they still think it's OK to apologise to 'anyone who was offended' and that this somehow addresses the matter.

Niall

International Coach
Pep talking rubbish saying everyone loves Liverpool, yes the pundits do but that is because most of them are ex Liverpool players but the public hate them. Yes you can respect that they are good to watch in the same way that Fergusons United were but it doesn't mean you want them to win.
Unless you have money on Liverpool or support Liverpool, anyone from the UK cheering them on is a danger especially in the champ's league final IMO.

grecian

Unless you have money on Liverpool or support Liverpool, anyone from the UK cheering them on is a danger especially in the champ's league final IMO.
You have heard of Real Madrid, and their part in the Super League which they're still pushing?

No way Liverpool have reached Fergie-United type hate yet, maybe partly because they have only won the League once.

I know it's not the consensus around here, but I quite like Klopp, and as I say I find their players to not be objectionable, there's not a Keane, Cantona or Neville amongst them. I personally despised Scholes and his one uncautioned leg-breaker tackle a game. I don't live in the area, and bizarrely glory-hunters in the last decade about here have gone to the Chiefs. Changing Sports as well as teams, ****ing *****, gone from about fans of 400 to over 10 k "regulars".

jayjay

U19 Cricketer
Liverpool are pretty well liked.

I personally enjoy their style, solid attacking football with the best player on the planet leading the attack. Can't go wrong with that.

anil1405

International Captain
Another reason why Liverpool is in the media limelight these days is because of the possibility of winning four trophies. Realistically there is 1% chance of that happening but the pundits are drooling over that possibility as no team has come to the fag end of the season and still be in the hunt for all four trophies as Liverpool are.

I mean even the fans know it's not in Liverpool's hands but media is just glorifying it and the same media would attack this side when quadruple doesn't happen.