• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official English Football Season 2021/22***

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah apologies I should have mentioned that the reply directly underneath explains it was a Wimbledon free kick. And inexplicably he decides to kick it twice.

Then in Wimbledon’s official match report they say he ‘apparently’ kicked it twice which is a staggering level of delusion.

I once admired them but they have become everything they were supposed to be standing against. Oh and they sided with MK Dons to keep themselves up at our expense so there’s that too. See you next season you rotten ****s

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
We all love to blame a refereeing mishap and a lot of the time it’s fair enough. But in this one the ref is literally just doing his job. Absolute basic ****.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT

Is he damaged goods or is this a good pickup?
He's a good player who will likely help you until he's 1 on 1 with the keeper in a massive game and panics like a child and puts in into touch.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Gary Neville at Stamford Bridge saying how strange it seems to see a Premier League ground as “empty as this.”
Yes, it must be many years since a Premier League ground has been so empty during a match.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He's a good player who will likely help you until he's 1 on 1 with the keeper in a massive game and panics like a child and puts in into touch.
I guess Mik would know what he's getting. Underwhelming if he's being signed to be our main striker though, which is what concerns me.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bit of a struggle for Liverpool, but glad they got it done, keeps it interesting at both ends of the table. Oh and imagine the Fat frank mastubatory stuff from his pliant press if he'd managed to get a result. Bang average manager.

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Bit of a struggle for Liverpool, but glad they got it done, keeps it interesting at both ends of the table. Oh and imagine the Fat frank mastubatory stuff from his pliant press if he'd masnaged to get a result. Bang average manager.
Agreed on all counts. Looking at the table tonight, it's not hard to envisage someone being relegated with 40 points this year. Burnley have improved since sacking Dyche, and Everton look better than they did, even allowing for the effect of playing a derby match. I'll be sitting more comfortably if we can beat Leeds tomorrow, but they've improved a lot under their new manager.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Everton were awful. Their best hope might have been to spoil the game and they did okay for an hour, but there’s little to indicate any great improvement when they have to play “properly”.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I guess Mik would know what he's getting. Underwhelming if he's being signed to be our main striker though, which is what concerns me.
He's not really a striker. Better as a wide forward but you've got better players than him in those positions. Doesn't make a tonne of sense to me as a signing for you guys. The rumours around Juve make more sense to me now they've got Vlahovic and are losing Dybala.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
We have our keeper Mike Cooper in the League One Team of the Season. Nice recognition, but suggests he’s been busier than would ideally be the case.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
We have our keeper Mike Cooper in the League One Team of the Season. Nice recognition, but suggests he’s been busier than would ideally be the case.
Not necessarily. These sorts of awards don't always (often?) go to keepers who are particularly busy. The myth of keepers who make numerous flashy saves each week, but play in teams that regularly get thrashed/relegated, being good seems to have gone away these days thankfully.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Agreed on all counts. Looking at the table tonight, it's not hard to envisage someone being relegated with 40 points this year. Burnley have improved since sacking Dyche, and Everton look better than they did, even allowing for the effect of playing a derby match. I'll be sitting more comfortably if we can beat Leeds tomorrow, but they've improved a lot under their new manager.
Frank Lampard crashing and burning is the priority for me, If only Burnley and Everton couldboth go down . So Leeds better win tonight

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I've never particularly disliked Lampard at any point in his career, including now. And yet the desire to see him fail and Everton be hilariously relegated is so strong. I'm not even sure why, but it really is.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm really pleased Jacko is doing so well but simultaneously baffled after his short spell in charge with us last season. Flibberty may be similarly confounded.