• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official English Football Season 2021/22***

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah his Roma interviews have been peak Jose recently, the refs have a vendetta, he's not been giving enough money to strengthen the squad. Interesting Roma fans going along with it, cult of personality in a world skewed to conspiracy theories I guess.

Ethan Ampadu playing a part in his latest defeat in case anyone is wondering what he is up to.

grecian

Interesting, I think DCYE has mentioned it, that Villa and their huge amount of cash go under the radar, Lot of why is he going to Aston Villa, but it could be easily argued it's a much better job than both North London clubs ATM, and they have better players than Newcastle ATM. Biggest club in the second City former European Champs, certainly makes sense as to why they got rid of Smith, guess this was lined up.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I just think it is a bizarre move, Stevie Me obviously wants the Liverpool job when Klopp leaves but if he fails at Villa he has no chance of getting it. Stay at Rangers in a 2 team league and win more trophies and possibly gain european experience with a decent run and he would get the job he wants. Unless of course he knows the **** is about to hit the fan at Rangers and the budget will be cut and it will be hard to carry on winning stuff.

Uppercut

Interesting, I think DCYE has mentioned it, that Villa and their huge amount of cash go under the radar, Lot of why is he going to Aston Villa, but it could be easily argued it's a much better job than both North London clubs ATM, and they have better players than Newcastle ATM. Biggest club in the second City former European Champs, certainly makes sense as to why they got rid of Smith, guess this was lined up.
Yeah I think it’s a great situation to go into. They’re 15th with about the 10th best squad, decent backroom setup and plenty of investment to come. If he was turning this one down he’d never leave Rangers.

Uppercut

I just think it is a bizarre move, Stevie Me obviously wants the Liverpool job when Klopp leaves but if he fails at Villa he has no chance of getting it. Stay at Rangers in a 2 team league and win more trophies and possibly gain european experience with a decent run and he would get the job he wants. Unless of course he knows the **** is about to hit the fan at Rangers and the budget will be cut and it will be hard to carry on winning stuff.
The media love framing every move he makes in the context of his Liverpool Destiny but if FSG ever hire Gerrard as manager I will drink my own piss.

grecian

The media love framing every move he makes in the context of his Liverpool Destiny but if FSG ever hire Gerrard as manager I will drink my own piss.
Yeah, and TBH the only way he'd get another big job is if Rangers did something in Europe, don't think that division has any kudos in the Rest of the World, rightfully so some would say.

It's a decision that makes sense for everyone, it may go **** up, but if Gerrard has any ambition he has to take a risk to make himself a name. It's not like he has to win the League, just progress in the highest profile Division in the World.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Gerrard's managed us in 53 European games, how much more experience does he need to gain?

The only thing that surprises me is that he hasn't stuck around to win more trophies this season, particularly as he never won a league title as a player, but I think summer 2022 would have marked the end of Gerrard's time at Rangers anyway. We've got a lot of players out of contract or coming to the last 12 months of their deals in summer and the squad needs a bit of freshening up. I don't think you can underestimate how boring it is playing the same sides 4 times a season, Rodgers got tired of that fairly quickly.

Then you look at the personal and professional aspects of the move. His wife and kids never moved up here and that has to have taken a toll personally. I'm assuming he'll have a house in Cheshire somewhere which is much easier to get to Birmingham than it is to Glasgow.

Professionally, he's going to a big club with a big support with wealthy owners. They're exactly the sort of club I'd want to move to in an FM save if I was getting bored of where I was. And the Premier League is basically where all the world's coaching elite gather. He's now testing himself against Klopp, Guardiola, Conte, Bielsa etc rather than Robbie Nielson and Jim Goodwin.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah I think it’s a great situation to go into. They’re 15th with about the 10th best squad, decent backroom setup and plenty of investment to come. If he was turning this one down he’d never leave Rangers.
Gerrard's also bringing some excellent backroom staff with him, Beale in particular was an inspired selection for his backroom team.

grecian

Honestly if Man U end up with Brendan Rogers, after missining out on the likes of Tuchel, Conte et al, I will laugh so hard, better to reappoint Moyes, doing a better job:laugh::laugh:

Uppercut

Hey, Norwich are holding talks with Lampard, by the end of the week we could only have the second-worst manager in the league.

Uppercut

538 doing their rare one good article a year
I love the design of the racism study. Not sure whether the ***ism study adds up methodologically.

It’s a shame the sample sizes are so pathetic, but I doubt it’s an area drowning in funding.