• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official English Football Season 2021/22***

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Seriously on United, rather than just Laughing and pointing, which is fun admittedly, before they appoint someone, get in a director of football, it's about as clear as the blotchedy red nose on Fergie's face that they've needed that from the start.

Again we'll get "It's all the Glaziers fault", and it probably is, but not for lack of investment or even every appointment or signing seemingly a good idea at the time, but this lack of footballing cohesion at the top. They're not personally interested in Football, so what, it's a business that would make more money if succesful. Probably shouldn't be rio leading though.

oh back to pointing and laughing, oh c'mon we had years of pain from a team with charmless nerks like Rio, Nevilles, Keane, Scholes leading the relentless way, we can't stop mocking now.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
In fairness to Rio, as dumb as that tweet makes him sound he obviously wasn't going to name names prior to his mate being sacked.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In fairness to Rio, as dumb as that tweet makes him sound he obviously wasn't going to name names prior to his mate being sacked.
He'd already said it was time for Ole to go. He could even have said something stupid like "they should offer Pep 100 million to leave City" and it would have made him look less of a clown.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Murtough is supposed to be the Football Director but it’s not setup like other clubs. Woodward’s mate will basically have the same power over player acquisition. Big names and splashy transfers don’t have to work on the field just sell shirts and keep the stock price high.

Uppercut

Probably as good an appointment as we could have made. Having a guy like Rangnick gives us a real chance to overhaul the dysfunctional backroom structure and put something semi-competent in place.

Woodward will probably find a way to **** it up though.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Probably as good an appointment as we could have made. Having a guy like Rangnick gives us a real chance to overhaul the dysfunctional backroom structure and put something semi-competent in place.

Woodward will probably find a way to **** it up though.
What’s your expectations for the rest of the season? Settle for top 4 and go again next year?

Uppercut

What’s your expectations for the rest of the season? Settle for top 4 and go again next year?
I wouldn't call it settling. We're ninth at the moment. Spurs under Conte are a real threat.

Rangnick is there to lay down solid foundations so we shouldn't be too invested in the results, but I'd be annoyed if we miss out. I really hate playing in the Europa.

We have a long shot at the Champions League. Chelsea were even worse when Tuchel took over than we are now.

Niall

International Coach
I wouldn't call it settling. We're ninth at the moment. Spurs under Conte are a real threat.

Rangnick is there to lay down solid foundations so we shouldn't be too invested in the results, but I'd be annoyed if we miss out. I really hate playing in the Europa.

We have a long shot at the Champions League. Chelsea were even worse when Tuchel took over than we are now.

He staying after the Summer in a consultancy role is very important. They desperately need experienced people to back up whoever the new manger is.

I wonder have they gone a little sour on Poch now, from all accounts he was pretty keen to join ASAP, maybe it's all about Ten Hag in the summer ?

In 2023 City will have an opening so makes sense to swoop in next year from a United POV.

Himannv

International Coach
I'm more interested in what he might bring beyond the season. The two years as a consultant is intriguing because he's the kind of guy who has very strong ideas on implementing a DNA from ground up and bringing in the kind of players and staff that fit that DNA.

For now obviously he'll be trying to get into the top 4 and set things up for next season, but it's a fun prospect in the long term.

Furball

Evil Scotsman

Surely top 4 is achievable under any competent manager?

Niall

International Coach

Its messy.

Their is only 1 spot available as City, Pool and Chelsea will undeniably be the top 3,,,so its between Utd, Spurs and Arsenal and maybe West Ham.

Luckily for those sides, Leicester are a bit of a mess this season.

Uppercut

It’s achievable for sure but ‘settling’ for it is taking too much for granted. One of the other contenders could put together a good run. Not very convinced by any of them but it could happen.