• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official English Football Season 2021/22***

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
City need a striker. :tooth: Not sure where Uncle Harry would stand in Europe having already played for Spurs in the third tier competition.
Still, never mind, the Greens are going up. :cowboy:

Niall

International Coach
Harsh on City to suggest that Liverpool and Chelsea look the 2 most likely title challengers this year?

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Harsh on City to suggest that Liverpool and Chelsea look the 2 most likely title challengers this year?
We'll see how much of a challenger Liverpool look when AFCON rolls around, but I do agree.

Will regret refusing to address areas of need. I love Ferna but that extension was a mistake, he's cooked.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
We'll see how much of a challenger Liverpool look when AFCON rolls around, but I do agree.
In fairness would expect Liverpool to do decently in the 2 PL games the AFCON players will definetly miss - Brentford and Palace. Although AFCON final is 3 days before Liverpool host Leicester. Unfortunately, we'll miss Mendy for 2 tough games - Man City and Spurs and possibly Brighton (2 days after AFCON final - Senegal would fancy their chances)

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Just Leeds' luck to headed into the easiest stretch of the season with only one available center back.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Better now than when they head into a really tough run of games I guess
For a top side it would be better to have any injuries for an easy run of games because they'd expect to win those games anyway. For a weak team I guess it'd be better for any injuries to come in the toughest games as they'd probably lose even at full strength and you want your best team for the matches where there is a decent chance at getting points from.

Leeds obviously in the middle of the pack in the PL so harder to say, but with not many points on the board yet it could get uncomfortable if they lose a few more games against weaker opposition now.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Maybe, but for a team like Leeds the toughest (or at least most important) games doesn't necessarily mean the games against the best teams

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Maybe, but for a team like Leeds the toughest (or at least most important) games doesn't necessarily mean the games against the best teams
Fair point. Anyway. Now to see if we can't dispatch Fulham and embarlyon an actual cup run.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Meslier comes through as its the kids who scored their penalties.

Rooting for Charlie Cresswell and Crysensio Summerville to start against West Ham now.