• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official English Football Season 2021/22***

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
He probably has half and half scarves with Chelsea or summat nowadays, it's all very sad.
Yep. Mutters to his mates in the pub how Brentford really ought to have a B Team in League One for the good of the game and hates FA Cup replays

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As it happens FA cup replays really are rubbish. We could have beaten Chelsea in 2013 if it has gone to penalties on the day.

Can't even pretend to want B teams in the football league though.

Last edited:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Decent start to today's triple header. Trying to find any reason to root for one team over the other in the League 2 Final but can't think of anything.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Decent start to today's triple header. Trying to find any reason to root for one team over the other in the League 2 Final but can't think of anything.
Mansfield have spunked tons of money to get here, so it would be kinda amusing to see Vale do them, but yeah can't find too much to get energized by.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Warming up for the Final tonight by watching the documentary When English Football Ruled Europe - set in 1977-84 when we won the European Cup every year except 83.
The funny thing is I, and my school/workmates at the time, always wanted the English clubs to win and I just assumed that most people were the same. Being a lower league supporter there was no direct rivalry so I just wanted our clubs to win and still do. I’m sure most Manure fans at the time didn’t want Liverpool to win with a passion, but it was a very insular world at the time in comparison to today so you just weren’t aware.
I’m rooting for the Puddle tonight as I did back then. (Insert misty eyed nostalgia emoji).