• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official English Football Season 2021/22***

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Burnley haven't really gotten any worse, the PL has just run out of teams that they're better than. Everyone above them seems very mid-table to me, and Everton's squad shouldn't be anywhere near relegation.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I'm not too worried just now, but more due to points on the board than how we're playing at the moment. Don't seem to have a best XI or even a best system worked out. We should be fine, but...
Given Gerrard took his entire backroom team down the road I don't believe this. It'll be players who don't suit his system.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Amazing how refs don't account for time-wasting in the first half. 1 minute of stoppage time is a joke.

This has the feel of a 2nd leg where Villarreal will ****house their way to a 1-0 win. Helps that the ref is totally in their back pocket.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Speaking of carnage, I can't get over the prospect of a Rangers vs. West Ham European final. Seville police will be glued to the TV tonight ****ting their pants.
Tangentially related to this: if yer actual Irons did win the Europa League and thus qualify for the CL, would whoever finishes fourth get stiffed?

Uppercut

Tangentially related to this: if yer actual Irons did win the Europa League and thus qualify for the CL, would whoever finishes fourth get stiffed?
I thought they did away with that years ago and now it's just possible to get 5 teams from one country.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The winners just get into the CL irrespective of anything. I’m sure I read at the time that’s it’s possible for one league to have 6 representatives if the CL and EL winners don’t qualify through their league.

EDIT

After looking it up (something I hate doing :tooth: ), five is the maximum. In the unlikely scenario I invented above 4th place in the PL would be shafted into the EL.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
No. Spain had 5 teams in the CL this season - Atletico Madrid, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Sevilla via finishing top 4 and Villarreal via winning the Europa League.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Such are the thoughts that occur to one whilst trying to quieten a colicy seven week old.
Not sure I noticed you mention this at the time. A belated congratulations on the new wee one! (And commiserations on the collic.)

I was thinking literally just last night that you had a baby due around the same time as me and wondering if I'd missed some news.

Uppercut

Fair dos.

Such are the thoughts that occur to one whilst trying to quieten a colicy seven week old.

And anyway "years ago" is where I still live.
Congrats!

Commiserations on the colic, I hope there aren't any other issues. Maybe they've figured out that they're going to be raised as an Arsenal fan?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Congrats Brumby, this is number two I believe?

If so then I assume they’ve been named Lee Dixon