• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official English Football Season 2021/22***

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
On the whole it’s a good job but the lack of backroom support is a huge issue. The squad needs a complete overhaul but the club is too incompetent with basic logistics to sign more than three players.

The competition in the PL is very tough at the moment too. Getting us back to 4th seems challenging but doable. Overtaking Chelsea, Liverpool or City is a big ask. They all have better managers with proper support.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
I’ve read that Ten Hag using younger players and pressing. I just can’t see pressing working with what’s there. It hasn’t despite Ole and Ralf saying it. Younger players is another tough one when you have a bloated squad full of dross that you need to give playing time.

The way Woodward has been allowed to run the footballing side of the club is the biggest issue and changing managers won’t fix that. Hasn’t yet.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I know Southampton is a bit of a free gift, but Burnley looked a bit more expansive and created quite a few chances last night. I’ve tended to think Everton won’t go down because the bottom three were so poor but they have a difficult run of games and not much of a cushion left.

In real news the Greens are already selling season tickets for next season without knowing what division we’ll be in.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Everton going down would be great. I have no particular desire to see Burnley stay up, they are one of those teams who nobody would miss. But my urge to see Everton relegated is strong indeed.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Depends what you pay I guess. He’s pretty average. Arteta probably likes him and has an idea of what to do with him.

Niall

International Coach
Deserved win that for Arsenal, however they are a good bit away from the top 3, you need to murdering dross like Utd and ultimately it was worryingly competitive until the Xhaka goal.

Telles is fortunate that Maguire and Rashford get so much criticism, because he is a shockingly average player.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Telles and Dalot are bad at defending which is their 1st job.

There is so little running done on or off the ball.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Quite a bit decided today. Oldham fans not taking their demise well. We have 80 points and might not make the play-offs. Whoever finishes 7th it'll be a record.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Anyway our season summed up by the games this week, a deserved win over 2nd at home on Monday and a hapless defeat away to 22nd yesterday. More home points than anyone else in the country and it’s likely not going to be enough for a play-off place, tells you all you need to know.

And thanks to our pathetic display yesterday we didn’t even get to send Oldham down at our place next week.

Bah.