• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2020-21

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dunno what's happening to Salah and Mane, these last 4 matches the type of ones they'd have nicked in the last couple of years, undeservedly possibly.

I do wonder if the Salah disaffection rumours may have some truth to them....

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dunno what's happening to Salah and Mane, these last 4 matches the type of ones they'd have nicked in the last couple of years, undeservedly possibly.

I do wonder if the Salah disaffection rumours may have some truth to them....
To be honest if either Real Madrid or Barcelona want you your head will be turned whoever you are, even Ronaldo and Beckham left Man U for Madrid. As much as people in this country like to hype up our big clubs none are as big a name or have the pulling power of the Spanish giants.

grecian

To be honest if either Real Madrid or Barcelona want you your head will be turned whoever you are, even Ronaldo and Beckham left Man U for Madrid. As much as people in this country like to hype up our big clubs none are as big a name or have the pulling power of the Spanish giants.
and it means you live in Madrid or Barcelona, rather than Manchester or Liverpool. London conversely can be a draw for players, gawd knows why...

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
That's been the case for years but it hasn't previously stopped them spunking £100m+ on a succession of flops.
In those years they were at least bringing in match day income and not in the middle of a worldwide pandemic-induced recession. They couldn't buy a hot dog at a flea market right now.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
In those years they were at least bringing in match day income and not in the middle of a worldwide pandemic-induced recession. They couldn't buy a hot dog at a flea market right now.
Couldn't even afford a cut-price Depay who was reportedly willing to forego some of his wages at start of contract period to get the move sealed. Real Madrid have been linked with Mbappe so remains to be seen what happens there - thought last year without Covid would have been the year for one of Mane or Salah to leave but I wonder with the pandemic would Real Madrid want to spend £100mil+ on a 29 year old in Salah.

flibbertyjibber

So the Shrewsbury manager Steve Cotterill spent the weekend in intensive care with Covid. Puts everything in perspective, clearly won't be at tomorrows cup tie at Southampton and hopefully he doesn't rush back. Get well soon gaffer.

Uppercut

Smith-Rowe is a lovely little player. I find it hard to accept that he’s pretty good because his name could not possibly sound more like a mediocre footballer.

grecian

So many decentish young midfielders for England now of a type we failed to produce for years. Technically adept and intelligent, the academy system really has been an huge success. It will all start going horribly wrong for most of them soon though as that is the English way

flibbertyjibber

So many decentish young midfielders for England now of a type we failed to produce for years. Technically adept and intelligent, the academy system really has been an huge success. It will all start going horribly wrong for most of them soon though as that is the English way
Got no defenders though so bit pointless really.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Surprised VAR let West Brim's equaliser go, well offside and I thought he was in the keeper's line of vision.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Smith-Rowe is a lovely little player. I find it hard to accept that he’s pretty good because his name could not possibly sound more like a mediocre footballer.
I always want to call him Rowe-Smith for some reason, though I'm not sure that's any better.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Sokratis' contract terminated then. Feel a bit bad for the lad tbh. But at the same time, he was rubbish.

A notable addition to the growing list of awful Arsenal defenders whose names begin with S (Senderos, Silvestre, Stepanovs, Squillaci)

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Sokratis' contract terminated then. Feel a bit bad for the lad tbh. But at the same time, he was rubbish.

A notable addition to the growing list of awful Arsenal defenders whose names begin with S (Senderos, Silvestre, Stepanovs, Squillaci)
Considering the work he did for Fergie at Man U, I consider Silvestre's awfulness to have been an inside job