• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2020-21

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Um, yeah, he categorically said he didn't think footballers should have priority over vulnerable people or key workers.
At some point he wants them to jump the queue, which is ludicrous. It doesn’t make any difference at what point he’s suggesting.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I mean I broadly agree, but either I have misunderstood what the vaccine actually does or lots of other people have. But even if they vaccinated footballers, I don't believe it would change the protocols after a positive test.
No one knows what it does. Tests are ongoing to see whether it just protects the individual or whether it can also stop them transmitting.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I mean I broadly agree, but either I have misunderstood what the vaccine actually does or lots of other people have. But even if they vaccinated footballers, I don't believe it would change the protocols after a positive test.
It would at the very least stop them having the virus though. Most of us want them to continue working so seems perfectly reasonable that they should have the vaccine when possible.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Most couldn’t give a toss about footballers. All the hospitality sector would much rather see the man in the street vaccinated way before sportsman so they can get their businesses back up and running.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It would at the very least stop them having the virus though. Most of us want them to continue working so seems perfectly reasonable that they should have the vaccine when possible.
I suppose, but if what I am saying/reading about transmission is correct then it wouldn't really make a difference to their ability to play? Unless they got it really bad of course...but it must be a seriously low chance of occurring in a footballer?

grecian

Liverpool have put out a surprisingly good team, against a Villa side that has 5 more first-team appearances for Exeter City than it does for Aston Villa. Only Salah to mark, Ben Chrisene, bit of piss.

grecian

Mochengladbach against Bayern a fun match, still probably won't make the Bundesliga interesting, but who knows?

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Decided to sign up to the FA Player for the Greens Cup tie at Huddersfield later. Watching the Burnley/MK Dons tie to test it out and it seems okay.

grecian

Getting a bit pissed off with this season, lots of pretty football, missed chances, then a woeful defensive mistake ruins it.

Really weird as our managr was one of our best defenders ever. Oh and another easy chance missed, oh and one from about a foot out FFS.

GRRRRR

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I’m impressed with the FA Player. Not quite so impressed with struggling against Huddersfield’s reserve/youth team with our strongest side out.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I’m impressed with the FA Player. Not quite so impressed with struggling against Huddersfield’s reserve/youth team with our strongest side out.
does it take long to setup? Was not impressed that it didn't seem to be available on firestick

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Lots of people lining the streets outside Marine football stadium looking through low fences. Must be the new form of permitted exercise.