• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2020-21

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Arsenal being good isn't as remotely funny as Arsenal being bad. Saka is quite good though.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Sheffield United are bad, but still reckon they'd win the SPL.
Last season's team yes. This year's would get lost in the quagmire of mid table. But who am I to judge?

Also has the Allardyce magic worn off, or are WBA just beyond redemption?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I've only just seen Eze's goal from yesterday. He's a talent, even allowing for the socially distanced defending.

grecian

Hmm, was thinking the talk of Lampard going may be silly, but a 6 or 7 nil may change that.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Fat Frank must be under pressure now. 8th in the league, spent a fortune and getting battered by a Covid ravaged City.
To be fair it's still a pretty strong Man City XI playing today minus no Ederson I don't think its significantly weakened.

Hmm, was thinking the talk of Lampard going may be silly, but a 6 or 7 nil may change that.
I suspect he'll be fine for now but think it is fair to say change Lampard's name to Sarri and he would be getting far more stick from the media and fans

duffer

Hey jojo, if this result holds you guys will only be 3 points ahead of us.

And we are poo.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fat Frank must be under pressure now. 8th in the league, spent a fortune and getting battered by a Covid ravaged City.
They look to me like the break has done them a world of good. Their title odds will be crashing after this, best they’ve played in 2020.

JOJOXI

Thought before the match this was a bigger game for us then Man City - win today and Ziyech back - suddenly the narrative becomes now Lampard has Ziyech and Pulisic coming back he can win a very tough game. For Man City Aguero will be back at 100% soon you would presume and either way you would expect them to get top 4 at end of season and they have games in hand.

Think it's a big 2nd half as if it is 6 or 7 that will hurt morale significantly and whilst I don't think Lampards job is in immediate threat it certainly won't help morale and as much as you can say players shouldn't look at social media/the press they will undoubtedly be aware of any growing resentment in the fanbase.

Hey jojo, if this result holds you guys will only be 3 points ahead of us.

And we are poo.
Yh made the same observation to a friend yesterday - said I thought you probably wouldn't finish top 7 but you suddenly were back in the picture being only 3pts off us and 6pts off 4th. Also in better form then most sides too I think it was only Everton (?) and Man Utd with more pts then you in last 5 games of the sides above you in the league.

JOJOXI

They look to me like the break has done them a world of good. Their title odds will be crashing after this, best they’ve played in 2020.
I still think Liverpool are strong favourites would say it is roughly the following percentages for me

Liverpool - 73%
Man City - 13%
Man Utd - 8%
Others - 6%

Man City in an artificial position with games in hand but was thinking any title challenge would be further down the line of this season but Southampton away isn't an absolute guaranteed 3pts for Liverpool tomorrow and Utd play Liverpool soon - if Utd win that or draw you would say Man City are very nicely placed if they keep up their recent good form