• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2020-21

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Not so sure about that. City noticeably did the opposite for the two years prior and were just as successful.
City have had the strongest squad, so Pep has been able to rotate whilst still sending out a strong team.

Personal issues aside, Pep could play a front 3 of Sterling, Foden and Aguero midweek in the Champions League, which is pretty strong and none of them started at the weekend.

Niall

International Coach
Not sure Rangers should be celebrating anything that will speed up the departure of Lennon tbf.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Not sure Rangers should be celebrating anything that will speed up the departure of Lennon tbf.
I'm actually pissed off that this wasn't a league game.

Although Celtic are so badly run at boardroom level that I'm not particularly concerned if Lennon does get sacked tbh.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Don't blame them picking Arteta really tbh. Bloke is/was exceptionally exceptionally well-regarded by basically anyone he's ever worked with. The other choices (other than Nuno) wouldn't exactly have been very inspired. I like Ancelotti but he would have been a very 'safe' option and not really someone I could see hanging around to see a long term overhaul, the likes of which is needed. Never really liked Allegri much myself for some reason.

I still think he needs to be given time, because as alluded to above, it's a massive job with no quick fix. But make no mistake about it, it's a turgid state of affairs right now.

I really hope they don't sack him tbh, because honestly what would be the point? They're not suddenly going to start competing for the league, already waaay too late for that, and who else is there for the job? Tony Adams?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nuno can't coach an attack either, I'd say you'd look pretty similar under him as under Arteta. Ancelotti was exactly the wrong type of coach for where Arsenal were. Allegri, meh. He's a good tactician but he tends to leave clubs in worse shape than they were when he arrived. Again, not what Arsenal needed.

Arteta was always likely to "fail" because he inherited a mid-table squad with expectations of a top four challenge. But he had good upside and made sense given the club's situation at the time. Just because it might not work out doesn't mean he was the wrong choice.