• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2020-21

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Absolutely ridiculous game in Belgium.

Brugge and Dinamo Kiev drawing is a great result coefficient wise as well.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
National Leagues North and South have been ended and declared null and void. The main division has voted to continue by 16 votes to 7. Dover still have 29 games to play.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is City winning the league pretty much all down to Guardiola? I really don't think he has the best players this time, and his most important players weren't highly rated at all before this season. He does have more depth to work with than anyone else, but it has the feel of those big squads of 7/10 players Fergie had at the end, where only he knew how to use them.

I've always thought his critics were stuck in some circular bollocks where he takes over a club --> wins loads --> players at that club become known as the best players because they're winning everything --> "he only wins because he has the best players". It'll be interesting to see if in a couple of years people are saying "well obviously he won, anyone would win with a spine as unstoppable as Stones+Dias+Gundogan".

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Is City winning the league pretty much all down to Guardiola? I really don't think he has the best players this time, and his most important players weren't highly rated at all before this season. He does have more depth to work with than anyone else, but it has the feel of those big squads of 7/10 players Fergie had at the end, where only he knew how to use them.

I've always thought his critics were stuck in some circular bollocks where he takes over a club --> wins loads --> players at that club become known as the best players because they're winning everything --> "he only wins because he has the best players". It'll be interesting to see if in a couple of years people are saying "well obviously he won, anyone would win with a spine as unstoppable as Stones+Dias+Gundogan".
I find that bolded part hilarious. I would say that this squad of players has (the defense especially) is specially customized to the way Guardiola thinks about football, in the sense that their strengths pair well with what Pep demands from each position on the field.

Spark

Global Moderator
Why is Marcus Alonso still a thing? He's barely managed to put a cross in the same postcode as his striker in this game so far.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Nice promotion campaign you got going on there @Pothas. Would be a shame if anyone were to post about it.
I know a post on a forum isn’t going to influence football results, but after the collapse last year and three defeats on the trot after a long unbeaten believers in such things might be getting their bunions in a bundle.

Niall

International Coach
Everton are such an odd team, done well against most top sides this season while Fulham and Newcastle murdered them at home.

When do Liverpool fans get worried about top 4?

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I thought when Liverpool's ridiculously long unbeaten run at Anfield came to an end they would probably lose two in a row as that's often the way the sporting fates seem to go, but four in a row is really funny.

More importantly the Greens were the last team in the EFL to win an away game and had only two away points at the start of the year. Now three wins and two draws from the last five aways and the only unbeaten EFL team in 2021. All of which adds up to being nicely in mid table.