• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2020-21

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Dunno about kind fixture list. If we reach the FA Cup final and UCL Semi's (big if) we have to play every midweek from now until the end of the season.

Niall

International Coach
I think Pep and also Klopp will sack of the FA Cup somwhat.

The Premier League and Champions league much more important for both.

I was just looking at the next few weeks fixtures in the league and bar Villa its very nice.

Get some momentum and life is good.

Are City signing anyone this month?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I think Pep and also Klopp will sack of the FA Cup somwhat.

The Premier League and Champions league much more important for both.

I was just looking at the next few weeks fixtures in the league and bar Villa its very nice.

Get some momentum and life is good.

Are City signing anyone this month?
Klopp probably will but there's no way Pep doesn't try to win the FA Cup. It's just not how he manages. He might play some kids early doors (ala. the first few games in the Carabao) but there'll still be enough quality to get through to the pointy end.

It's a pretty kind fixture list in the league until we play at Anfield first week of Feb. Massive game, that one. Do have quite a doozy of a run from there though. Liverpool (A), FA Cup R5, Tottenham (H), Everton (A), Arsenal (A), Gladbach (A). Big few weeks there.

re: signing someone, I very much doubt it. There's basically no noise whatsoever even in the "ITK" crowd. The summer will be big though, I think.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I only learnt this morning that John Stones is no longer a player with a great future behind him. Good to see him performing well.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Southampton v Shrewsbury is off. Liverpool v Villa in doubt. Derby going to Chorley without any first team players who are all isolating. Klopp will be gutted if he gets a bye instead of going out.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I don't really see the problem with that....
Eh, I do. For a few reasons..

1. It's a government led vaccine. If he is saying the Prem should privately fund it then that would be one thing but not sure the taxpayer should be responsible for keeping the Prem going
2. Footballers are in their 20s and 30s and generally in good health. Why on earth would they need the vaccine as a priority?
3. Everything I've read suggests that the vaccine doesn't stop transmission, or at least isn't proved to. As such, if Harry Kane's wife had the virus, he'd be obliged by law to self-isolate whether vaccinated or not. So no benefit would be gained but someone else who point 2 wouldn't apply to and would likely suffer from the virus would have missed out.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There are really not that many footballers and yeah obviously I would expect them to pay in some capacity

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Have you read what he said?
No tbf I hadn't. Just going off what LT said, but that's why I gave the 'If..' caveat in point 1.

I have now and stand by it being pointless, based on the first half of my third point (and therefore my second)

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The vaccine goes to people who need it the most first. The idea of giving it to footballers is ludicrous. If football can’t control it they stay at home with the millions of other people.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I mean I broadly agree, but either I have misunderstood what the vaccine actually does or lots of other people have. But even if they vaccinated footballers, I don't believe it would change the protocols after a positive test.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The vaccine goes to people who need it the most first. The idea of giving it to footballers is ludicrous. If football can’t control it they stay at home with the millions of other people.
Um, yeah, he categorically said he didn't think footballers should have priority over vulnerable people or key workers.