• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2015-16

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Maybe I'm alone here but LVG spending tons and ignoring the youth doesn't exactly excite me. I'd much rather see Periera play and see how he goes, or others, than see the constant spending of small nations GDPs.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Romania is #7 and Spain isn't even in the top 10. Fifa rankings are the joke of the sporting world.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Ashley Cole hasn't even made Roma's 25 man Champions League Squad. If he nearly crashed his car and threw up in disgust when Arsenal only offered him £120,000 week I wonder what he did this time.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ashley Cole hasn't even made Roma's 25 man Champions League Squad. If he nearly crashed his car and threw up in disgust when Arsenal only offered him £120,000 week I wonder what he did this time.
When I heard my agent repeat the figure of £55,000 [per week], I nearly swerved off the road. "He's taking the piss, Jonathan!" I yelled down the phone. I was trembling with anger (2006)

Heh, what a shame. He would've made a great Arsenal captain.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
And there it is. Everything that is horrible about modern (depressing that the quote is actually nearly a decade old, mind you) summed up in one nauseating sentence.

Eds

International Debutant
Fairly sure they've gone one better than leaving him out the CL squad and actually told him to **** off. Think he's a free agent.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fairly sure they've gone one better than leaving him out the CL squad and actually told him to **** off. Think he's a free agent.
I'd love to laugh at him but god he's had an incredible club career. Was truly world class for a long time.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Did they release him before the deadline?

If so I'd expect to see him in the prem within a month or two

Maybe he can be that signing you gooners crave :ph34r:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I don't believe that but if true I can understand Wenger keeping his powder dry and making sure he has available money in case another Ozil, Cech or Alexis type of deal comes up. If that's all we have to spend after a decade of having to sell and our new sponsorship deals of last season then it's pretty depressing.
I think it is the sad reality. Not financially hindered means we don't have to sell all our best players and break even. Our net spend over the last two and a half years is near £150m. The only clubs who can consistently spend more than that are United, City, Chelsea, Bayern, PSG, Barca and Madrid. Basically the ones with super rich owners or the super clubs who have won CL's and multiple leagues in the last 10 years.

Did they release him before the deadline?

If so I'd expect to see him in the prem within a month or two

Maybe he can be that signing you gooners crave :ph34r:
Monreal is literally Maldini these days. If QPR were still in the Prem I'd guess them.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Not particularly surprising, though still annoying. Mostly annoyed that it's taken 5 months of faffing around to decide surgery was needed.