• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2014-15

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Lovely words from Maureen about Gerrard. :wub:

Wenger also said some a brilliant tribute to him too a few weeks ago. Only one wanker was bitter about him turning his team down 3 times. :laugh:

Last edited:

cpr

International Coach
I'd say that's unlikely. I can't think of any reason why we would keep him unless we ballsed up with the terms of the initial deal.

FWIW I completely disagree with you. Our defence is young and rapidly improving, our attack is old and rapidly declining. Mostly need a new RB and someone to play Carrick's role.
I've been hugely impressed with how Smallings come along recently, and I think he's shown a quiet leadership alongside McNair. Definitely think he's benefited from being the senior defender. That gives me hope for the future.

I've seen others praising Jones but I'm not too sure. Wouldn't turn down a top quality defender for sure.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There's Rojo too. I wouldn't want either of him and Jones to become fourth choice.

The main problem is that Hummels is always the name put forward, and have you seen him play lately? His performances for the past two seasons haven't come close to justifying his reputation, World Cup aside. He's like the German Wilshere, and we'd be the goons paying £20m more than he's worth.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
lol ok then.

Pirlo's great but really not what Liverpool need.

As for United's defence? I always find it amusing when people go 'moar defenders' but don't actually give any names. Truth of the matter is that a)there's not that many good defenders going around anyway and b) if your defence regularly gets exposed then your problem is actually further forward.
Godin or Fonte would make a difference. Generally I completely agree though. It has very little to do with the quality of the individual defenders.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Think they are going to try and buy Otamendi from Valencia. Welcome move.

Phil Jones is definitely a keeper though. Right after Giminez and Varane in the young defenders category.

harsh.ag

Tbh, I see Jones filling in the defensive midfielder role in the future. Maybe not next season though.

Pothas

Not for the first time this season very proud of the Bees. We never played anything like our best football, primarily because they did not let us, but the second half was excellent. That goal at the end really hurts.

Not sure what to make of Middlesbrough. You can tell Karanka has learnt from his former boss, they were very effective (in a cynical Mourinho like fashion) first half, knew exactly what they were doing but thought they went way too defensive in the second half. Gives me a glimmer of hope for next Friday actually, they have some very good footballers for this level, and I am sure they are capable of playing better football than they did tonight, but if they approach it like the game like they did the second half today I think we have half a chance.

SkyBlue

U19 Debutant
lol ok then.

Pirlo's great but really not what Liverpool need.

As for United's defence? I always find it amusing when people go 'moar defenders' but don't actually give any names. Truth of the matter is that a)there's not that many good defenders going around anyway and b) if your defence regularly gets exposed then your problem is actually further forward.
Pirlo WAS great.He's now more of a liability to Juve more than anything except for dem odd occasional free-kicks.

My opinion wouldnt change even if he scores one of his trademark free-kick goals at the Bernabeu.

If Liverpool sign him and play him in front of that defense,i can see them conceding more goals than they did in the last two seasons.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Pirlo WAS great.He's now more of a liability to Juve more than anything except for dem odd occasional free-kicks.

My opinion wouldnt change even if he scores one of his trademark free-kick goals at the Bernabeu.

If Liverpool sign him and play him in front of that defense,i can see them conceding more goals than they did in the last two seasons.
https://twitter.com/Italcatenaccio/status/595924563306811392

Regardless, I just want a proper ball-winning CDM.

SkyBlue

U19 Debutant
Those stats doesnt change anything mate.He just worked extra hard in that game.I even saw him sprinting on one occasion which i have rarely seen him do.He usually gets near those numbers,but by jogging around the park than sprints,which is probably why he can still do it now.
Pirlo when pressed becomes an almost redundant factor in the game.And in the PL,with acres of space to operate,he's going to be a pure liability on counters.
I'd be relieved to see Marchisio start at DLP/DM instead of Pirlo at the Bernabeu.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
England has a guaranteed place in the Europa League via Fair Play. Contenders are Liverpool if they don't qualify for Europe through the League, Everton and West Ham. Presumably they'll be kicking lumps out of the opposition for the next three games to try to avoid it.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
POTY is and was De Gea. He has kept United in the top 4 and without him they'd be closer to 10th. He saved United's bacon again today with a ridiculous save. Palace was all over United.

Last edited: