• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2014-15

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I've not watched City as much this season as some other contributors to this thread (especially Smitteh), but tonight struck me as a typical City performance. I.e. suspect defending with an offensive strategy that essentially boils down to "give the ball to Silva/Kun/Yaya". Pellegrini's time is surely up now.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Interesting summer coming up for City, and the Sky boys are touching on this now. Bad transfer dealings and potential FFP implications to stop them just going out and blowing another £100m this summer.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
One wonders how they will shift a lot of the deadwood. Apart from Aguero, Silva, Zabaleta and Hart I think everyone should be up for grabs tbh, but most of the rest of the squad will be on big wages and could be hard to shift.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I think Aguero is gone, he's definitely gonna be the guy Madrid try to spend 100m on this summer and honestly, why wouldn't he go for it? I would if I was him. Yaya is definitely gone as well. We're in huge trouble, spent so awfully the last 3 seasons that we have nowhere to go. Need like 7 important players because all the ones we've bought have been absolute duds.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Bit of an FFP noob, can you spend incoming transfer fees? So if City get a ****load from Real can they spend that without too many Uefa repercussions?

(I don't really trust Uefa to uphold their own rules, but let's humour them for a moment.)

SkyBlue

U19 Debutant
Bit of an FFP noob, can you spend incoming transfer fees? So if City get a ****load from Real can they spend that without too many Uefa repercussions?

(I don't really trust Uefa to uphold their own rules, but let's humour them for a moment.)
Yes you can ofcourse.Thats what Chelsea are doing atm.Thats their 'way' of dealing with FFP and have to say they're doing a damn fine job at it.

The problem with City is their squad is quite old and their surplus wont probably fetch the kind of transfer fees they expect.From their current starting X1,only Aguero perhaps is the one who can boast of a high market value.There are many players in the squad who are closing in on 30 and thats a worrying sign.

cpr

International Coach
Be interesting to hear the thoughts of those who insisted Utd won't make top 4 this year, and that City/Arsenal/Liverpool will leave us for dust.

City's rebuilding in the summer is going to hit an issue in that they are now firmly in the same boat as us, in that clubs will stick a premium on players they want because, regardless of FFP, they can 'afford it'

Whilst the owners are doing a brilliant job of investing in the future through stuff like the new training complex etc, they really need to get the commercial side moving fast, as short term they could really flounder. Whilst its highly unlikely they will do a Leeds, a squad dropping off and no resource to rebuild (FFP obvs) could begin a slide thats hard to reverse until the acadamies start churning out some talent.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Yes you can ofcourse.Thats what Chelsea are doing atm.Thats their 'way' of dealing with FFP and have to say they're doing a damn fine job at it.
Makes sense. Not quite as idiotic as the journos would have it then.

Just to get some pedantry out of the way, it's XI not X1. You're supposed to be upholding Serie A here, please get Roman numerals right. :p

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rumours that Wojciech is becoming a bit of a problem. Dunno how to feel about it tbh.

SkyBlue

U19 Debutant
I reckon about 35-40m.Hasnt been in the best of form this year.Anyway it shouldnt matter coz he's not leaving. :happy:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Feel that the slip, the stamp, etc will be lost in the wash if Gerrard can lift the FA Cup on his birthday, in his final match for us.

Much preferred the 4-3-3 today.