• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2013-14

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Mark Ogden ‏@MOgdenTelegraph 1m

Man Utd will not be pursuing Jurgen Klopp. Been made aware he is committed to Borussia Dortmund. Story to follow...

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well I always expected him to get another season but obviously the board couldn't trust him with the money. Not like he had a good record at spending decent money in his time at Everton and Man Utd, remember Beattie, Johnson, Bilyaletdinov, Fellaini (2nd time) and even Mata has been a flop though will come good under a new manager you would think. He was always best at finding bargains like Coleman, Baines, Jagielka, Cahill and Arteta who he could sign and give time to develop. You don't get that chance to do that kind of thing at Man Utd as you need success straight away. I bet he ends up at Newcastle and does a fine job there.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fellaini has been a big surprise/disappointment for me this year

Wasn't he in huge demand last year?

I know Moyes ****ed up the transfer and ended up paying much more than he should have done but IIRC the Russian crim (amongst others) wanted him as well and he just hasn't performed

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
He's just been shown up as being to sluggish to play in a team that aspires to play in a fast and fluid way. Uppercut made a post a year or so back highlighting how having a big, strong, but technically limited midfielder in the middle of the park just slows everything up when they're asked to take on a central role in a team that is full of quick and incisive passers, and I now totally see what he was getting at. I'm just glad that neither he, nor Moyes, ended up at Arsenal.

It's great to go back and read the quotes of people like Ferguson and Bobby Charlton speaking just under a year ago, and see all of them saying about how Moyes ought to be, and would be, given time to prove himself because that's the "Manchester United way".

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Tbh I wouldn't pass judgement on Fellaini yet. The transfer hasn't worked out so far, but he's only been there 7 and a half months. Hasn't he had injury problems as well?

Uppercut

He's just been shown up as being to sluggish to play in a team that aspires to play in a fast and fluid way. Uppercut made a post a year or so back highlighting how having a big, strong, but technically limited midfielder in the middle of the park just slows everything up when they're asked to take on a central role in a team that is full of quick and incisive passers, and I now totally see what he was getting at. I'm just glad that neither he, nor Moyes, ended up at Arsenal.
Yeah that was about Tiote.

Fellaini is really a dynamic target man. I think it's bollocks that he's the wrong type of player for a top club because Mario Mandzukic is an extremely similar player and Bayern look much better with him in the side. He's incredible with his back to goal and does his best work in congested areas opening up space for other players, and his defensive work makes it really difficult for other teams to build from the back too.

I wasn't opposed to the idea at the time but he should definitely never have played at CM and at the moment his confidence and form is so poor that even in position I wouldn't expect him to be particularly successful.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Not a sacking club is a stupid thing to say about any club, of course they weren't a sacking club when they had whisky breath. I hate the modern treatment of managers but in this case it's the right decision for Man U and the wrong one for everyone else. It's like when we had Barnes; ordinarily I'd never advocate sacking someone new to a job before Xmas but sometimes you just know they ain't up to it.

grecian

Giggs assembling his backroom team as we speak:

Oh I've got to get my fun from somewhere on this darkest day.....

social

People need to realize that ManU are not only one of the world's biggest clubs but also a public company

"Rebuilding" is not part of the equation

They need to break the bank, bring in one of the world's top coaches and give him a shed-load of dosh to spend

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
He has been given enough time to show something atleast.

Like say Rodgers did 2nd half of last season at Liverpool after struggling near relegation and buying average players in the first half.

But he's shown nothing to show that he can even turn it around plus he's lost the dressing room too to a degree too, it seems.

From running away with the league last season to struggling at 7th with players wanting out, was just too much of a drop and that too after spending 70 million. I'm sure had he been fourth and improving in the 2nd half of the season he wouldn't have been sacked and given more time.

Last edited:

grecian

Well I always expected him to get another season but obviously the board couldn't trust him with the money. Not like he had a good record at spending decent money in his time at Everton and Man Utd, remember Beattie, Johnson, Bilyaletdinov, Fellaini (2nd time) and even Mata has been a flop though will come good under a new manager you would think. He was always best at finding bargains like Coleman, Baines, Jagielka, Cahill and Arteta who he could sign and give time to develop. You don't get that chance to do that kind of thing at Man Utd as you need success straight away. I bet he ends up at Newcastle and does a fine job there.
Whilst I agree he may well do well elsewhere, I'm not sure Newcastle would be the place. They have delusions of grandeur, and like watching a good style of football. Reckon that could be another disaster.

TBH, he was pretty lucky with Kenwright at Everton, they never seemed to be bothered with progress or trophies, just mediocrity, which Moyes can give. Sunderland might be a better fit.

flibbertyjibber

Whilst I agree he may well do well elsewhere, I'm not sure Newcastle would be the place. They have delusions of grandeur, and like watching a good style of football. Reckon that could be another disaster.

TBH, he was pretty lucky with Kenwright at Everton, they never seemed to be bothered with progress or trophies, just mediocrity, which Moyes can give. Sunderland might be a better fit.
Think Ashley is similar though, be happy with bargain hunting and selling for profit.