• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just a bit - and tbf they've had more of the game since he's come on and added some presence to the midfield.

It's a funny game - obviously Barca should be about 3 up, but they do look vulnerable at the back if Arsenal can string a few passes together. Especially when you saw Bentner skinning a couple of them a few minutes ago.
Conceded 18 goals in 29 games this season. Valdes has been properly world-class.

Barca are just too good. I don't know what Arsenal were supposed to do.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Conceded 18 goals in 29 games this season. Valdes has been properly world-class.

Barca are just too good. I don't know what Arsenal were supposed to do.
Agree with the 2nd point if Barca had done what they deserved and been 3 ahead by half time. Thing is, Arsenal having survived as long as they did, the 1st goal was an absolute gift from the keeper. However lucky they were to be level at half time, they should never have conceded that 1st goal the way they did.

As for the Barca defence , I wasn't saying they're crap, simply that Arsenal looked capable of scoring against them, which was fair enough given the chance that Bendtner couldn't put away a while back and one or two other half chances.

EDIT
Point made, if I may say so myself.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Agree with the 2nd point if Barca had done what they deserved and been 3 ahead by half term. Thing is, Arsenal having survived as long as they did, the 1st goal was an absolute gift from the keeper. However lucky they were to be level at half time, they should never have conceded that 1st goal the way they did.

As for the Barca defence , I wasn't saying they're crap, simply that Arsenal looked capable of scoring against them, which was fair enough given the chance that Bendtner couldn't put away a while back and one or two other half chances.
Yeah, they had a few chances. Although a couple ended with Puyol making an epic last-ditch tackle so you can't really use them as evidence of Barca's vulnerability at the back.

There you go. Good goal from Theo :).

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Barca are too good for the CDMs, but they commit so many players forward in attack that they're very easy to break down in a counter attack. Not that they're that crash hot at defending in general either.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Awareness from Bendtner. Love it.
Penalty. Love it.
Red for Puyol. Love it.
Cesc to take the pen.................................LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEE iiiittTTTTTTTTTTT :inlove: with Cesc.

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
How do you injure yourself taking a penalty?

Cesc, get off before your leg falls off. 10 against 10 will be fine for the draw...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Haha, well every fan thinks all the decisions go against their team (especially the ones that lose) and, hey, they all can't be right.
Can't really comment what with being an Arsenal fan and all, but it did look shoulder-to-shoulder to me. Prem game and I bet it's no free-kick.

Anyway, still think we're ****ed, but would've so taken 2-2 from the score on the hour.