• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread 2010

Autobahn

State 12th Man
Two points should be made here:

1) We do tell them not to put their hands out to break their fall when they are being tackled
2) If you put your hand in a ruck and get studded for your troubles, that is called karma
Hands in the ruck? I'm pretty sure that's a penalty anyway so why are they putting their hands in there?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Because they are children and therefore don't listen to instructions.
TBF pretty much any open side worth his salt indulges in a little nefarious "hands" at the breakdown if he reckons he can get away with it.

But yeah, broken fingers sustained thusly are clearly karma. Trouble is in the pro game now any proper rucking is blown up for; ball-killers' charter for my quid.

stumpski

International Captain
Leics have forfeited their first innings apparently, despite having been 32-0 at close of play on Wedneday. :huh:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah what the hell is going on there?

Obviously not a happy place to be at the moment, chariman surley to go but wonder if Hoggard and Boon will go with him.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
TBF pretty much any open side worth his salt indulges in a little nefarious "hands" at the breakdown if he reckons he can get away with it.

But yeah, broken fingers sustained thusly are clearly karma. Trouble is in the pro game now any proper rucking is blown up for; ball-killers' charter for my quid.
This is where the lottery of schoolboy rugby and referees with a very tenuous understanding of the laws make the game completely different to what is seen on television. I am pretty sure there is a great deal of cheating that people get away with, and I'm never going to discourage a kid from pushing the envelope, so to speak.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I played rugby for my school for two years, and I have NFI what the rucking rules are.

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I played rugby for my school for two years, and I have NFI what the rucking rules are.
Join from behind the hindmost foot, stay bound, keep your hands out, don't stand on anyone, hips below shoulders. That's off the top of my head right now without having read the rulebook since December.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
So what you're suggesting is that they make it so fewer people actually go to the games then - how's that going to help? (since you're also having a moan about the loss of FTA TV restricting the audience)
Yea post 05 Ashes the high prices for test tickets wasn't much of an issue. Given that at least home matches where shown on TV, obviously you had to have sky to see ENG overseas test.

But now with the recesssion & home tests coming of FTA. The high ticket prices have become a problem now for the many people who cant afford it & dont have sky.

stumpski

International Captain
Heh, I was being a tad facetious there, but I still think I'm as much of a cricket fan (at least) as those who go to one day of international cricket a year, and nothing else. Not that there's anything wrong with supporting your national side, but I get more satisfaction out of putting in the hard yards in CC.

(making it sound like some sort of effort, which with Surrey it often is, frankly :dry:)

stumpski

International Captain
Another special from Buttler of Somerset yesterday I see, putting the target beyond Surrey, and clinching a semi-final spot. Could be an interesting leftfield pick for the Lions tour.