• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2015

Niall

International Coach
Bates' FC average is 21.20; over seasons 2012-2014 it is 24.35.

In his last game for Hampshire 2nd XI he batted at three and made 160.

These are the FC batting averages of the players likely to keep in most FC matches this summer:

Derby: Tom Poynton 21.38
Durham: Phil Mustard 30.51
Essex: James Foster 37.59
Glam: Mark Wallace 29.10
Glos: Gareth Roderick 47.63
Hants: Adam Wheater 38.48
Kent: Sam Billings 32.75
Lancs: Alex Davies 27.73
Leics: Ned Eckersley 34.67
Middx: John Simpson 30.04
Northants: Ben Duckett 30.85
Notts: Chris Read 36.83
Somerset: Alex Barrow 21.27
Surrey: Gary Wilson 34.04
Sussex: Matt Prior 39.25
Warks: Tim Ambrose 34.02
Worcs: Ben Cox 23.47
Yorks: Andy Hodd 28.92

Bates' batting numbers are at the bottom end of the group, but would not be the lowest. However, they were never going to be the "enticing" part of the package... he is also arguably the best pure keeper in the country, which you would imagine ought to be worth a little, all the more so in the shorter forms where skills standing up are all the more relevant.

Wiltshire's gain...

His limited overs batting numbers are very bad sadly.

36 List A games at an average of 8.36 with a strikerate of 62, and 37 t20 games with an average of 10. That is dire.

When I seen Hampshire last year they were hiding him down the order, pretty sure he batted at 10 in one of the games I seen him.

His keeping is awesome, but I understand why people may not be keen.

He did train with Essex recently, so I dunno maybe in a year or so he may be signed as a back up to Foster and may be eased into the team once the great man starts to drop formats.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hampshire would never have one the Pro40 a couple of years ago without him, I was really sad to see him go and he really deserves to get a county. I would have always liked to see him get a go in the top 3 in limited overs cricket, sure it may not have worked out and we are pretty strong in that area but he never got a chance.

Can't quite believe that we went into a division one game with that bowling attack but it has actually worked out ok so far.

Pothas

Less well now, I don't know if we could just not afford to get someone else or what, can't believe they thought this was good enough. We are going to have to bat bloody well and hope Bird is actually going to be fit.

mightymariner

U19 12th Man
We have apparently got to 200/1, still sure there's a 0 missing somewhere

Great innings today from Big Tim, feel he's gonna get stranded before he reaches a ton tho :(

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Worcestershire Yorkshire well poised although Sidebottom has done a calf strain so probably won't bowl. Malan has a broken hand for Middlesex who are well behind in their game.

Borthwick still churning out the runs for Durham. Who'd have thought he'd have back to back 1000 run seasons.

mightymariner

U19 12th Man
He played like one good innings for us iirc, hope he does better this time around

33 on day-boo for Mr Cosgrove, would be nice if someone else could push on. 9th century for Eckersley though, liking his conversion rate

mightymariner

U19 12th Man
A great start to the season for Yorkshire, probably not the best yardstick for this season though. Collingwood's antics mean that won't be the only result today either.

grecian

Pfft, a minor setback in the triumphanant title procession.

David Willey in good form, so far it looks like, would love to seem him remain injury-free.

Pothas

Well at least we are making a game of it. Vince going cheaply probably going to cost us though.

Shazhad had a good game, had such a nothing few years but there was always something promising about him

Niall

International Coach
Last edited: