• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in Sri Lanka 2021

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmm not sure he shouldn't have been out before with the soft signal, but a decent knock.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
That's a shame, but really good effort from Bess. I'm not sure how long our last three will stick around.

Darwin Award

U19 Cricketer
And now Bess and Wood gone in quick succession and Embuldeniya bags a 7th wicket.

Do you think if he takes his 8th it'll 'Embolden' him?

I'll see myself out.

Spark

Global Moderator
By the way, the side-on cameras used in this series are better than the ones Fox uses in Australia...

Darwin Award

U19 Cricketer
Terrible way to go when on the cusp of back to back doubles in tests.

I wonder if the pressure of possibly being stranded played on his mind.He looks sombre after his dismissal.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Have to say I think it will be a very tough final 2 days for Sri Lanka, worrying that if no runout they do not look like getting Root out - set 280 on the final day - could win by 100 runs if Root gets out cheaply but if he continues to look untroubled he could get 160 of those runs himself - 120 for the others is a far easier prospect.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Terrible way to go when on the cusp of back to back doubles in tests.

I wonder if the pressure of possibly being stranded played on his mind.He looks sombre after his dismissal.
He was just exhausted. Said it before but England could really have done with that bad light that almost came about an hour ago.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Have to say I think it will be a very tough final 2 days for Sri Lanka, worrying that if no runout they do not look like getting Root out - set 280 on the final day - could win by 100 runs if Root gets out cheaply but if he continues to look untroubled he could get 160 of those runs himself - 120 for the others is a far easier prospect.
Not 100% convinced. Batting last on this will be a huge factor. England probably need to dismiss SL for less than 120 to stay in the match.

greg

International Debutant
He was just exhausted. Said it before but England could really have done with that bad light that almost came about an hour ago.
Well done Sri Lanka for not taking the "easy" option of bringing on the pace bowlers and forcing the umpires to take them off. Even if it should have been a no brainer given the need to win the match.