• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in South Africa 2015/16

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Finn might.

Does anyone know if Sky are doing their own production similar to an away Ashes series? Don't think I could stand 4 Tests of listening to the SuperSport hacks, worse than C9.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Finn could be a huge asset in this series, even if he only plays a couple of tests.

Sky usually do their own thing for every away tour. It's not usually the whole team and a couple of the Saffa lot will join but it's still the main Sky guys.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Finn could be a huge asset in this series, even if he only plays a couple of tests.

Sky usually do their own thing for every away tour. It's not usually the whole team and a couple of the Saffa lot will join but it's still the main Sky guys.
They didn't in the UAE.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I mean, I can't say I watch a lot of cricket in the UAE not involving England (because Sky don't have the rights) but I'm pretty sure the likes of Bumble, Botham, Atherton and Nick Knight don't work for whoever broadcasts the cricket to Pakistan there.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
No they didn't. Botham, Atherton and Nasser went out there but the feed and the graphics were the host broadcaster's, and they went back to a studio in England for analysis during the breaks.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Who cares what country the studio is in. Point is the commentary team will be the usual Sky lot with Pollock and maybe someone else from SA. I.e. decent.

Also I actually prefer the studio stuff Ward does in England with the likes of Prior and Butcher to whatever Gower does at the ground with the likes of Holding and Warne, btw.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
South Africa's a decent timezone for you guys, at least over the weekend, so it makes sense that Sky would do their own production.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Who cares what country the studio is in. Point is the commentary team will be the usual Sky lot with Pollock and maybe someone else from SA. I.e. decent.

Also I actually prefer the studio stuff Ward does in England with the likes of Prior and Butcher to whatever Gower does at the ground with the likes of Holding and Warne, btw.
It's the whole point of my question ffs. Sky sent commentators out but they had nothing to do with the production at the ground.

I don't want to watch the SuperSport feed with a few of Sky's comes, I want Sky's production with the odd South African.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
You were worried about listening to the SupportSport hacks. You didn't mention any issue with their camera men or director.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is Plunkett not bowling well anymore?

Give Topley a go soon imo, he's meant for international cricket.

tooextracool

International Coach
He's better than their other options though surely? Remember Finn and Wood aren't playing....
No he's not - Woakes shouldn't be anywhere near an Engliand shirt. I am sick and tired of the mixed messages. Trevor Bayliss just doesn't seem to know what on earth he is up to. I am not even a Plunkett supporter but if he was good enough to tour the UAE, I am really not sure why he is not good enough to tour SA. Quite frankly, Footitt is a better bowler than Woakes in his sleep and yet most people have to engage in what is a rather daft and unnecessary debate about who is better despite the fact that Woakes has been hopeless in all forms of international cricket.

91Jmay

International Coach
^ What a load of ****. Since his ODI debut

ST Finn 2011-2015 98 @ 28.96 5.09 RPO
JM Anderson 2011-2015 90 @ 27.02 4.83 RPO
TT Bresnan 2011-2015 69 @ 33.18 5.47 RPO
JC Tredwell 2011-2015 60 @ 25.86 4.70 RPO
CR Woakes 2011-2015 55 @ 34.27 5.79 RPO
SCJ Broad 2011-2015 53 @ 39.39 5.43 RPO
CJ Jordan 2013-2015 39 @ 30.64 5.84 RPO

So aside from Finn/Jimmy who are miles ahead of the rest Woakes fits in with Broad/Bresnan/Jordan numbers wise and he bowls at the death.

LE Plunkett 2011-2015 8 @ 38.25 6.12 RPO

There is your hero Liam Plunket