• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

Flem274*

123/5
Im Kent's producer through some of the weeknights. So I talk to the caller before they go on air. Plenty of time for me to debate tho as well!
IMO you should get a talkback berth for yourself, unlike some of your "senior" pros, you have a brain when it comes to cricket.

No offence to some of your more well known colleagues but Kent Johns, Darcy Watergrave and Miles Davis are easily the best hosts on Radiosport.

And you can be best producer:p

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Kent's a good dude, relaxed and doesn't take things too seriously. I obviously don't really want to air my thought's on the people who work there, but generally all of them are very good to work with.

Flem274*

123/5
And yet they didn't tell that to McCullum. He hasn't been in the best of form in tests, so getting some game time against England would also do him well. But guess what? He's playing for Otago, like McCullum.

Don't read too much in that (Cumming playing in the State shield).
Really REALLY unsure on Cumming TBH. I know he can do better but those ****ing LBWs are really killing his ability to be a brick wall. Its my biggest worry about How and Bell as well, it seems most openers we get are prone to LBWs.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I think we should completely surprise England and open with Chris Martin. His forward defence is looking rock solid these days!

Flem274*

123/5
Kent's a good dude, relaxed and doesn't take things too seriously. I obviously don't really want to air my thought's on the people who work there, but generally all of them are very good to work with.
Damn, was hoping to draw you into a debate about Matt Gunns hissyfit this morning that got the sports tour thing back for another week.:p Was bloody hillarious and I thought he might get a big rumble from your boss off air but it got aproved instead.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
You get the wacko's too tho! I've only just started the producing. Im usually on the newsdesk doing interviews and going out to press conference's etc
That would be pretty neat as well. :) How'd you manage to get into the RadioSport team out of interest?

IMO you should get a talkback berth for yourself, unlike some of your "senior" pros, you have a brain when it comes to cricket.

No offence to some of your more well known colleagues but Kent Johns, Darcy Watergrave and Miles Davis are easily the best hosts on Radiosport.

And you can be best producer:p
Don't think Miles Davis is quite in the same class (might be because I can only understand him only half the time) but the other two are definitely quality sports hosts. Don't shoot me but also enjoy Matt Gunn actually (apart from when hes commentating basketball).

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Alot of people either love or hate Matt Gunn. I've gotta say that he's come out with some funny stuff recently.

The funniest thing that's happened recently was about a month ago on a sunday when Andrew Alderson was commentating the rowing between Waddell and Drysdale. and 200m from the finish, PJ Montgomery booms over the air: TAKE IT ANDREW, TAKE IT!.
It's priceless.

Flem274*

123/5
Alot of people either love or hate Matt Gunn. I've gotta say that he's come out with some funny stuff recently.

The funniest thing that's happened recently was about a month ago on a sunday when Andrew Alderson was commentating the rowing between Waddell and Drysdale. and 200m from the finish, PJ Montgomery booms over the air: TAKE IT ANDREW, TAKE IT!.
It's priceless.
Haha, bugger, missed that.

Flem274*

123/5
I think we should completely surprise England and open with Chris Martin. His forward defence is looking rock solid these days!
Definitely in the form of his life.

Seriously, if Martin ever gets a score of over 30 the opposition should be made to wear a badge of shame.

I'd love to watch it too.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Definitely in the form of his life.

Seriously, if Martin ever gets a score of over 30 the opposition should be made to wear a badge of shame.

I'd love to watch it too.
Even if he gets to double figures against a team other than Bangladesh again that'd qualify IMO.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
By the sound of things we should be slotting Martin into the middle order as a batting all-rounder and adding another bowler. About right? :p

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As much as I want our team to do well, sometimes I just have to hate the management and selectors. Why do we have to get saddled with O'Brien every ****ing time?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I think they really need to be looking a younger guy at least until Southee's ready in the next 2 years.

O'Brien ain't gonna do the job so they may aswell bring in some one like Hamish Bennett who's apparently rated by certain people down in Christchurch.

Flem274*

123/5
I think they really need to be looking a younger guy at least until Southee's ready in the next 2 years.

O'Brien ain't gonna do the job so they may aswell bring in some one like Hamish Bennett who's apparently rated by certain people down in Christchurch.
Bennet=no. Not up to it as of yet sadly. Has potential though.

Mason would be my pick.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well we desperately need to consider someone. It's fair to say we've got an ageing attack with Mills closing in on 30.

They've got to get someone else coming through while Southee, Boult, Morgan etc get more first class and 'A' team experience.

Flem274*

123/5
The only nominies I can think of are:

Martin
Mills
Mason
Oram
should be it, other candidates:

Gillespie (showed promise in his one test but has just come back from injury)
McMillan (Out of form)
O'Brien (useless)
Bennet (inexperienced, not up to it yet)
Sherlock (inexperienced, recently injured, not up to it yet)

Oh ****.

The alternative is two spinners so the partners for Vettori are:

Patel (went OK in only test)
B. Martin (quality, not sure of his form though)
N. McCullum (Not sure if he's up to it)
Houghton (bloody good but inexperienced)
Hira (as above)
Schaw (as above)
Lythe (not up to it, hard bastard though to come back from where he was a few years ago)

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
His behaviour at the hospital was shameful.

They had to call security on him as he was abusing the nurses and bleeding everywhere. He demanded priority treatment and made comments like "Dont you know who i am" and "I am NZ cricket."
Well, he certainly is bigger than the game.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
The only nominies I can think of are:

Martin
Mills
Mason
Oram
should be it, other candidates:

Gillespie (showed promise in his one test but has just come back from injury)
McMillan (Out of form)
O'Brien (useless)
Bennet (inexperienced, not up to it yet)
Sherlock (inexperienced, recently injured, not up to it yet)

Oh ****.

The alternative is two spinners so the partners for Vettori are:

Patel (went OK in only test)
B. Martin (quality, not sure of his form though)
N. McCullum (Not sure if he's up to it)
Houghton (bloody good but inexperienced)
Hira (as above)
Schaw (as above)
Lythe (not up to it, hard bastard though to come back from where he was a few years ago)
James Franklin will surely be in contention after he recovers from injury too.

Bradley Scott may also be part of that list of the rest, given he was taken to the 20-20 World Cup he must have been at least considered by the selectors.

As far as the options for spin bowlers behind Vettori go, Patel and Bruce Martin would be the only genuine back ups IMO at the moment.

And this issue arrises when Andre Adams is taking his wickets at ten apiece...