• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Guess that sums-up either the importance of the match or... the importance of the match. :unsure:
Or it could be a mistake and it was Jimmy Anderson. Trust me Richard more people care about who are taking wickets in this match, then will ever care about the First-chance average of anyone :D

Mixmasterreece

U19 Debutant
:wallbash: Just because he is having a good one day domestic season doesn't mean he should be anywhere near a Test side.
:ranting: Im referring to the one day side............ i am saying that i think there may be a good chance that Ryder will not make the tour to england, and elliot will slot into the one day side to take his place.

You said he would not make the tour to england in "any form". I disagree.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Or it could be a mistake and it was Jimmy Anderson. Trust me Richard more people care about who are taking wickets in this match, then will ever care about the First-chance average of anyone :D
Nah, they don't. No-one will remember this match within a few days, CW will always remember (and many take seriously) the notion of first-chance scores.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty dire when the NZ XI has to rely on the Otago fringe player, Jordan "Shagger" Sheed and Gareth Hopkins to bring the side back from the brink of embarrassment.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Nice to see New Zealand's test players making the most of the opportunities leading up to the test...
Bell 0
Fulton 0
Fleming 5
Sinclair 2

England would be no doubt delighted at their bowling effort so far.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Listening to it on the radio earlier, it sounded like the English bowlers are playing roughly to form. Hoggard brilliant, with loads of swing and fantastic accuracy. Harmison all over the place, but gifted a couple of wickets by the out of touch Fleming and Fulton. Anderson getting good swing and threatening when he puts it in the right areas. And some tidy but not particularly threatening bowling from everyone else.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
The New Zealand selection side is doing much better this time, at least they lost their first wicket with 26 on the board.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I bet the New Zealand cricket marketing department is hoping Jordan Sheed stays in the Otago Reserves awhile yet before being selected for NZ. OR, he tries finding a new nickname.

Ricky Ponting can get away with "Punter", but im not sure the feminist groups would appreciate kids yelling out "Shagger" from the boundary.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I'm not quite sure it's one that is used in public circulation all that often. After all, Nathan McCullum's nickname used to be "Mattress" (I'm sure you can figure that out), although he's now nicknamed "Kiwi" due to his prominent nose...