• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand 2018

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They're great for the Indian TV audience as well. Don't have to miss a session because it's too early in the morning.

Flem274*

123/5
I said better than Root not Smith. You can relax.
Kane batted like the champion he is today but this innings by innings hyper-analysis of the fab 4 rankings needs to settle down. A month ago Kane's name was being scrubbed from history because he couldn't hit it off the square in a T20 game.

flibbertyjibber

Terrible for us who they are actually playing though. Starting at 1 am is awful and when you wake up before lunch to that any thoughts of watching go out the window.

flibbertyjibber

Kane batted like the champion he is today but this innings by innings hyper-analysis of the fab 4 rankings needs to settle down. A month ago Kane's name was being scrubbed from history because he couldn't hit it off the square in a T20 game.
Do people actually pay attention to what they do in hit and giggle match?

WindieWeathers

International Regular
on the scheduling note, im praying this game brings in the big TV viewing money because if 9/10 tests being day nighters is what it takes to get NZC scheduling more than 4(!) measly tests a year then lets do it.

plus day nighters are great for viewers. i worked until 7pm and still got home in time to watch 3 hours of play. ****in awesome.

Is it great for the game when one team is getting blown off the park all the time though? I'd love to see the stats of the Test day-night matches. We saw WI crumble In England, we've seen NZ lose heavily In Aus? And now this. I think WI/Pak may have had a decent day-night game In the UAE a few years ago but apart from that it's been one sided from what i can tell.

Flem274*

123/5
Terrible for us who they are actually playing though. Starting at 1 am is awful and when you wake up before lunch to that any thoughts of watching go out the window.
i have a solution

move over Le Mans, 24 hours of test cricket per day, for four days so the money brigade can get a nod too, is the new world order.

-tv audiences all over the world can see some play, bringing in some sweet sweet advertising revenue
-we could interview players during the game for that fan interaction. warne could discuss their pizzas with them during play.
-the ultimate test of endurance for a test cricketer.
-if a player gets injured you could chuck him in the sheds or the hospital to fix him up to get him back out there, and the commentators could cross live to the hospital to follow the drama
-if smith and rabada go at each other you could release the safety car to deal with them F1 2017 glitch style and take them both out of the match

im convincing myself

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is it great for the game when one team is getting blown off the park all the time though? I'd love to see the stats of the Test day-night matches. We saw WI crumble In England, we've seen NZ lose heavily In Aus? And now this. I think WI/Pak may have had a decent day-night game In the UAE a few years ago but apart from that it's been one sided from what i can tell.
Do you recall the first D/N test? Was relatively a close contest and in no way was predominantly one-sided. Would have been closer had it not been for Kumar "where are my glasses, i can't find my glasses" Dharmasena.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
you're ****ing joking. again?
No, although the FTP was made in 2014 so the numbers are guaranteed to change at least.

Even with the CWC taking place not long after, NZ having 8 tests, 11 ODIs and only 5 t20s during the 18/19 summer seems like the real joke.