• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in Netherlands (ODIs)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
1st ODI - Friday 17 June
2nd ODI - Sunday 19 June
3rd ODI - Wednesday 22 June

All matches at the VRA ground, Amstelveen

England squad: Eoin Morgan (c); Jos Buttler (wk); Liam Livingstone, Dawid Malan, Jason Roy, Phil Salt; Moeen Ali, Brydon Carse, Sam Curran; David Payne, Adil Rashid, Reece Topley, David Willey, Luke Wood
Netherlands squad: Pieter Seelaar (c, spin/allrounder); Tom Cooper (bat), Bas de Leede (bat), Musa Ahmed (bat), Max O'Dowd (bat), Vikramjit Singh (bat), Scott Edwards (wk), Shane Snater (seam allrounder), Logan van Beek (seam allrounder), Shariz Ahmad (spin), Philippe Boissevain (spin), Aryan Dutt (spin), Clayton Floyd (spin), Vivian Kingma (seam), Fred Klaassen (seam), Ryan Klein (seam), Teja Nidamanuru (spin), Tim Pringle (spin)

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not sure I understand the selection of David Payne. Decent cricketer, but can’t see him being one of the best ODI players in England or likely to develop much further.

In fact, hasn’t even played a list A game since 2019. Seems hard to fathom.

Aritro

International Regular
Netherlands squad vs England: Pieter Seelaar (captain), Scott Edwards (wicketkeeper), Musa Ahmed, Shariz Ahmad, Logan van Beek, Philippe Boissevain, Tom Cooper, Aryan Dutt, Clayton Floyd, Vivian Kingma, Fred Klaassen, Ryan Klein, Bas de Leede, Teja Nidamanuru, Max O'Dowd, Tim Pringle, Vikramjit Singh, Shane Snater

How many of these chaps grew up in the Netherlands? I would have said a few, but they tend to turn out to be Afrikaners.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Netherlands squad vs England: Pieter Seelaar (captain), Scott Edwards (wicketkeeper), Musa Ahmed, Shariz Ahmad, Logan van Beek, Philippe Boissevain, Tom Cooper, Aryan Dutt, Clayton Floyd, Vivian Kingma, Fred Klaassen, Ryan Klein, Bas de Leede, Teja Nidamanuru, Max O'Dowd, Tim Pringle, Vikramjit Singh, Shane Snater

How many of these chaps grew up in the Netherlands? I would have said a few, but they tend to turn out to be Afrikaners.
Kingma, Seelaar, Vikramjit. Boissevain moved here pretty young. I'm not sure about de Leede but I think so. That's about it

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Honestly thought Tom Cooper had given internationals away.

A quick Google revealed he actually had and this is his first selection since the 2016 T20 WC, perhaps not coincidentally after South Australia declined to renew his contract.

Google also obligingly informed me that Tim Pringle is the son of Chris Pringle, stalwart Kiwi medium pacer of yore, and that Shane Snater (born in Harare) is Jason Roy's cousin.

Frankie Gommer

Cricket Spectator
Kingma, Seelaar, Vikramjit. Boissevain moved here pretty young. I'm not sure about de Leede but I think so. That's about it
Kingma, Seelaar, Boissevain, de Leede, Dutt and Shariz Ahmad were all born and raised in the Netherlands. Tim Pringle was also born here. Vikram Singh and Musa Ahmad moved here as infants, O'Dowd also more or less grew up here.

Not sure why you'd bother answering the question if you've no clue what you're talking about.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Kingma, Seelaar, Boissevain, de Leede, Dutt and Shariz Ahmad were all born and raised in the Netherlands. Tim Pringle was also born here. Vikram Singh and Musa Ahmad moved here as infants, O'Dowd also more or less grew up here.

Not sure why you'd bother answering the question if you've no clue what you're talking about.
regret to inform you Boissevain is born in Pretoria. I can fully believe he's raised here though.

o'dowd graduated from a New Zealand school, but presumably he did it remotely as Auckland doesn't actually exist.

good chat though

Frankie Gommer

Cricket Spectator
regret to inform you Boissevain is born in Pretoria. I can fully believe he's raised here though.

o'dowd graduated from a New Zealand school, but presumably he did it remotely as Auckland doesn't actually exist.

good chat though
Max moved to NZ in his teens, he grew up playing at HCC. And if Flip was born in SA it's pure happenstance. But do tell me more about what you found on Google about the guys I grew up playing against.

grecian

I know I'm showing my shocking Somerset bias, but must have been interesting the reason they dropped Lewis Gregory on his one series, bowling average 24, batting average 58, but ho-hum life was never fair.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Max moved to NZ in his teens, he grew up playing at HCC. And if Flip was born in SA it's pure happenstance. But do tell me more about what you found on Google about the guys I grew up playing against.
fair comment. i'm also frustrated at the lack of coverage on the team leading me to basically guess at things like this.

Frankie Gommer

Cricket Spectator
fair comment. i'm also frustrated at the lack of coverage on the team leading me to basically guess at things like this.
Fair perhaps but unduly rude in retrospect.

Please accept my apologies.

Really do share your frustration. It's a really huge deal in NL having England tour, for most cricket people here it's almost the be all and end all - like the series their great grandads died waiting for - so just galling to see how little attention it's getting.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Really do share your frustration. It's a really huge deal in NL having England tour, for most cricket people here it's almost the be all and end all - like the series their great grandads died waiting for - so just galling to see how little attention it's getting.
I was really pleasantly surprised at how many people turned out for the WI series despite the total coverage blackout. (I totally get why it's priced through the roof now too)

and I did ask for some bad feedback by saying de Leede was doubtfully grown up here (I wasn't sure how much time Tim spent in England around the time when Bas and Babette were born). I just think they go too far with the recruits at times and when they actually have the chance to get experience for the local talent they rope in a 32-yo South African or Kiwi instead far too often. But it's a balance to be struck I guess, you do need a competitive team a well.

HeathDavisSpeed

Stay and post more. More knowledge of the non-Test teams is a great thing to have on here.

Particularly keen to know more about teams which don't rely largely (or wholly) on ex-pats to survive.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
I know I'm showing my shocking Somerset bias, but must have been interesting the reason they dropped Lewis Gregory on his one series, bowling average 24, batting average 58, but ho-hum life was never fair.
It looks like they just want to look at all the left arm seamers. 4/5 seam bowlers are lefties in the squad.

Sam Curran fit again another factor. Probably view him as who they want as the number 7 all rounder going forward.

I must admit I completely forgot about that series, with it being a B side I didn't watch a lot of it.

I see Vince has been turfed out despite his ton and half century. So two of the man of the matches turfed out from that series.

Don't really find as much enjoyment from JAMODI's anyway.

Ditto the t20 series, although as shorter matches easier to watch.

Last edited: