• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

Burner

International Regular
I'd love it if Stokes gets fired up like he usually does. Could be an enthralling series.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't even know they are bothering to come back after the Christmas break. Stay home and lick your wounds.

Bijed

International Regular
That Mail Online article saying "England's priority is to get him fully fit for next summer and the 2017-18 Ashes"

I'd be amazed if he's still going by the time the Ashes come around

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
The biggest difference this time unlike the last time is India's batting order, honest to god India was at their absolute lowest in 2012, like almost all our bats were out of form apart from Perhaps Pujara, and Kohli wasn't as good as he is now. Also we didn't have Jadeja last time around, would have killed it on a track like Mumbai if he played.

Nevertheless looking really forward to this series. I just hope we play the extra bowler instead of Rohit.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
The biggest difference this time unlike the last time is India's batting order, honest to god India was at their absolute lowest in 2012, like almost all our bats were out of form apart from Perhaps Pujara, and Kohli wasn't as good as he is now. Also we didn't have Jadeja last time around, would have killed it on a track like Mumbai if he played.

Nevertheless looking really forward to this series. I just hope we play the extra bowler instead of Rohit.

This plus the fact that England don't really have anyone in their middle order who is experienced in Indian conditions.
In 2012, they had KP who had been on test tours to India in 2006 and 2008 as well as an A team team tour in 2004.
England generally had a very experienced side in 2012 - the bowling had Anderson, Monty and Swann who were all making their 2nd or 3rd tours to India.
The batting had Cook, KP , Bell and Prior who were on their 2nd or 3rd tours. Trott had also been part of an A team tour to India.

England have clearly had the wood on India since 2011 but I think India should be very disappointed this time around if they don't win this series even if England have arguably the best coach in the world at their helm.

cnerd123

likes this
Omg this training might break for lunch at 1 instead of 12:30. Im going to miss everything.

Im sitting in the front too so its gonna look so bad if i have my phone open on cricbuzz when we resume now.