• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's a good player of spin though. They'd definitely have found him useful.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
That's terrible from Pujara, I can understand him going for it but shouldn't have gone in the air.

flibbertyjibber

Nora for me.

Who would have thought picking an aged spinner that was crap when he was actually playing for England would be a really stupid move?
Yeah, it kind of worked years ago with Udal so they went for the same trick again but Batty was never good enough at his best so was never going to work when past his best.

vcs

Rashid getting wickets with these long hops LOL.. he's going to end up with better figures in India than Warne ever managed.

Can't remember any leggie getting much in India TBH. Mostly it's offspinners, left-armers etc. who have troubled us occasionally.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, it kind of worked years ago with Udal so they went for the same trick again but Batty was never good enough at his best so was never going to work when past his best.
TBH, I think we got away with it with Udal, some appalling batting on that final day, made his figures look okay. Remember that it was only Fletcher's hatred of Swann that kept him from playing, and I think we can safely say he would have been better.