• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Emerging Nations Cricket Thread

brockley

International Captain
USA defeats Scotland.Some very familiar names in the USA side.
USA cricket definitely on the rise.
But Scotland despite beat England are the pereniial easybeats of 2nd divisional sides.No wonder Holland is rge 13th ranked and now International side.

cnerd123

likes this
Doing well against Kenya ATM. Need a win here. ****ing losing to Uganda ruined everything. Credit to them, their side seems to have come a long way. But man we should have beat them. Sigh.

The Ugandan celebrations after the game were pretty gun. Good to see a side so passionate.

cnerd123

likes this
We almost ****ed that chase against Kenya up, so glad we made it. Much needed win. 7 points in 5 games. On to the next one.

cnerd123

likes this
https://www.hkcricket.org/news/eigh...ounder-receives-recognition-for-his-efforts-1

Eight members of the SCC Divas -a Hong-Kong based women's cricket team consisting entirely of Filipino players, most of whom are in the country as domestic helpers- have been selected to represent the Philippine's national Women's side in a T20I series starting later this week! This news comes shortly after team founder and manager Animesh Kulkarni received an award from the Philippines Cricket Association in recognition of his support towards the development of Philippine Women's Cricket.
Hong Kong people growing cricket all around the world :cool: Great story.

willeycoyote

Cricket Spectator
Hey Brother, I hear the Fijian ODI team are making huge strides atm. We used to go down there for games whilst playing for Nepal, they are powerful guys who had serious gas clocking 160kph on the gun. As an opening bat I'd regularly soil my pants

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Bilal Khan is a serious international class bowler IMO. I'd be surprised if we didn't see him start popping up in global T20 leagues. Probably doesn't have heaps of time bowling heat left given he's 31 but he's a gun.

Have you see him bowl much GAS? I reckon you'd really like him.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Only seen a little bit of Bilal back at the T20WC qualifiers, but I agree he's seriously impressive. H00ping inswing at pace and has an excellent yorker, quality stuff

4 today, probably lacked a degree of support from the rest of the Oman attack

Last edited:

sphynx

U19 Debutant
With cricket possibly returning to Pakistan full time over the next decade, it will be interesting to see where Afghanistan decide to base their home tests going forward?

As it looks increasingly likely they will be more and more in demand moving forward.

They could possibly take over the UAE from Pakistan? (Not sure their cricket association would have the coin for it?) Or remain India moving forward as a tack on for sides touring India?

Or is even Pakistan a possibility as a similar add on to potential Pakistan tours?

1 option that would be quite cool would be to pick somewhere like the new Gautam Buddha stadium being built in Nepal as a home location....

Last edited:

thecricketstory

Cricket Spectator
Returning to Pakistan may make sense from a financial perspective. As Pakistan's experience has shown, the UAE can be quite a costly place for boards to host matches. There are many Afghanis resident in Pakistan, and Afghanistan cricket would certainly gain more engagement on the ground in Pakistan. We have already seen Ireland convert one potential Test match into a white ball match with Bangladesh due to lack of a broadcaster, which was extremely sad. So, for emerging nations, the key should be increasing revenue and reducing costs, and a potential base in Pakistan can help Afghanistan.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Returning to Pakistan may make sense from a financial perspective. As Pakistan's experience has shown, the UAE can be quite a costly place for boards to host matches. There are many Afghanis resident in Pakistan, and Afghanistan cricket would certainly gain more engagement on the ground in Pakistan. We have already seen Ireland convert one potential Test match into a white ball match with Bangladesh due to lack of a broadcaster, which was extremely sad. So, for emerging nations, the key should be increasing revenue and reducing costs, and a potential base in Pakistan can help Afghanistan.
The PCB and ACB aren’t on good terms unfortunately. May or may not have something to do with BCCI’s involvement with Afghanistan cricket.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Pakistan and Afghanistan themselves are not in great terms and have never really been. Its almost as bad as India and Pakistan. It has nothing to do with the BCCI.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But the PCB helped ACB a lot initially. It's only once the BCCI got involved that things started to sour. Could be a coincidence.