• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Emerging Nations Cricket Thread

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Excellent spell for Bilal. Good day at the office for him. I'm pretty sure he will get some kinda of talk with Wasim Akram after this match.

cnerd123

likes this
Kyle's been there a while now and clearly has some strength
I know Ghzanfar can hit

Just line the ball up and swing hard.

cnerd123

likes this
Can't fault HK's performance much. Didn't bowl badly after 10 overs, Kaleel and Jatinder just batted well. Could we have bowled better in the final 3 overs? Probably, but lot of credit to Jatinder for his strokeplay in the final overs to get them up to 134. Not easy to bowl to someone who is pulling off switch-hits and reverse-sweeps so frequently and so well. It's not like we missed any chances off him either. If anything, he gifted us two wickets by running out his partners.

In response, Bilal Khan was just unplayable with the new ball. Simandeep and Kinchit probably had soft dismissals, and if either of them stuck around we might have finished this runchase off. But the deliveries to get Nizakat, Aizaz and Waqas were just too good. Can't do much coming up against that kind of new ball spell. Scotty was absolutely immense, and Haroon batted very well, but we just ran out of batting at the end.

I predicted we'd catch a low-on-confidence Oman side and upstage them while they buckle under nerves. We nearly did that. Jatinder and Bilal were just too good, and denied us the win. They've been two of the standout players for Oman in this tournament as well. Sometimes fairytales just don't come true. But we were so close. Young, inexperienced squad, new coach, lots of turmoil back home in the politics and the cricket and everything in general. Bad start to the tournament. Turned it around amazingly. And almost did the unthinkable.

I'd have given Bilal POTM tbh - Jatinder did run out two batsmen on his way to 67.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Was it oman who had 4 players done for fixing before the tournament? If so they have done very well considering
that was UAE

Oman have one of the oldest sides in the tournament - bulk of this squad has been playing together for over 5 years. Plenty of experience and depth.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Ah ok they looked a decent team bilal especially was landing his Yorkers although the batsman was giving it away trying to hit him out the ground