• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Double Match Day - Australia v Pakistan (30th Sept)

brackenNY

School Boy/Girl Captain
So sick of losing to Australia, though.

Maybe we'll see a reverse of the '99 WC, meet them in the finals and crush them.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
by the way, Pakistan & newzealand have played eachothers in 4 major semi finals
2 ODI World cup Semi's
1 T20 Semi Final
& 1 Champions trophy Semi Final
Pakistan won in world cups
whereas Newzealand were victorious In Champions Trophy

Glacier

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Asif castling White made me stand up and applaud. I don't care how many steroids are/were in his system, we need more of this kind of cricket.

AaronK

State Regular
lol hah.. i still think pakistan could have scored more.. I don't know about u people.. I feel that the pitch wasn't as slow as they were making it look.. lets say if they were to play for their spot in this tournment.. the bating would have put more effort.

well from pakistan's prospective.. losing this match wasn't a bad idea..considering that they will face New Zealand in Semi final.. if we go back at the history of New Zealand vs Pakistan in Semi finals.. Pakistan have always come in top..so it will be an interesting to see if New Zealand can change it this time around..

this match made it more complicated to select the the best team for pakistan in semi final.. i mean Asif bowled well.. Navid as always was lethal, Gul bowled better at the beginging and we all know how Aamir did in his past couple of matches.. so it will be interesting to see who they will drop.. the match is going to be in the Wanderers where the pitch maybe suitable for Fast bowlers..So i can't wait to see..

by the way Saeed Ajmal was troubling Pointing..

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
lol hah.. i still think pakistan could have scored more.. I don't know about u people.. I feel that the pitch wasn't as slow as they were making it look.. lets say if they were to play for their spot in this tournment.. the bating would have put more effort.

well from pakistan's prospective.. losing this match wasn't a bad idea..considering that they will face New Zealand in Semi final.. if we go back at the history of New Zealand vs Pakistan in Semi finals.. Pakistan have always come in top..so it will be an interesting to see if New Zealand can change it this time around..

this match made it more complicated to select the the best team for pakistan in semi final.. i mean Asif bowled well.. Navid as always was lethal, Gul bowled better at the beginging and we all know how Aamir did in his past couple of matches.. so it will be interesting to see who they will drop.. the match is going to be in the Wanderers where the pitch maybe suitable for Fast bowlers..So i can't wait to see..

by the way Saeed Ajmal was troubling Pointing..

I say load Pak pace battery with Asif, Rana, Gul, Aamir.................and perhaps drop 1 batsman who is not performing.

Faisal1985

BTW..........Friday and Sat both days its gona be rain/showers...................i think its going to be spoilers cricket for the semis.

Faisal1985

Source.............HAHAHA..... don't know just found it on another forum....

Last edited by a moderator:

Fusion

Global Moderator
Theres's no need for posting something like that. If it's supposed to be humorous, it fails. And it will just lead to some more tedious India/Pakistan flame wars.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's an appalling piece. If India, or anyone else for that matter but they're the example atm, keep performing crap at major ODI tourneys and leave it to other results having to go their way, it will always end in tears.

Matt79

Global Moderator
^^^ Unless you can actually find a link for that article from a sensible site, I think posting such a stupid flamebaiting piece merits a warning, if not a seven day ban.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Went to bed just after Ponting got out, thought we were home and hosed. Apparently I was almost wrong.... For those watching, were the spinners the catalyst, or Rana & Asif?

pasag

RTDAS
Went to bed just after Ponting got out, thought we were home and hosed. Apparently I was almost wrong.... For those watching, were the spinners the catalyst, or Rana & Asif?
Rana was brilliant, one of the best ODI spells you'll see.

(or miss in your case :p)