• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW U19s Tour of Australia

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Decent enough warm up, that's for sure.

Great showing from Hopgood and contributions from most the other players. Second match will be an interesting one.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Very good start to the tour some big performances from Hopgood, Ritchie and Kerr with the bat. The bowlers were all pretty solid without anyone really standing out. A good team performance without anyone really standing up, with the ball.

I'll post the side the next game before i forget.

Side to play NSW U19s

16. MD Luff
##. AS Sharma
13. BS Read (wk)
##. CR McMeekin
7. ZJ Ritchie [6] (c)
81. WA Kerr
92. BC Donald [3] (vc)
69. CR Dwyer [5]
##. JNE Forner [1]
49. DPW Pares [2]
43. EAP McNamara [4]

Last edited:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good performances from Hopgood, Kerr and Forner. Pleased with my own effort but I wouldn't have minded batting out the whole innings. Let's hope we can turn in another good performance.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Firstly welldone guys, Hopgood, Kerr, Forner and everyone else played well. Lets hope we can continue this form in the next game.

Secondly gutted to have missed out on the second game, goodluck to everyone tho.

oz_fan

International Regular
Great innings from Hopgood and most of the batsmen contributed to a good score. Disappointed with my effort in that game. Would have liked to have been more economical with the ball and have one of the LBW appeals go my way.

davidpares

School Boy/Girl Captain
im positively shaking with excitement due to my immenent debut for the U 19's. I reckon as long as i keep a cool head and don't let the situation get to me, and if i bowl like i did throughout the charity series then i should be an instant success 8-)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
New South Wales Under-19s vs Cricket Web Under-19s
at North Sydney Oval

Scorecard
Ball By Ball

Philip Hughes showed his class with a measured unbeaten century, as New South Wales easily chased down the total of 250 on a fine North Sydney wicket. The Webheads recovered from a shaky start, but allrounder Matthew Day impressed during his two spells. For the young Webheads, Corey McMeekin stood up well with the bat, but the bowling was largely erratic and in trouble from the word go.

After winning the toss and being inserted, both openers were struggling against paceman Matthew Day, and the edges went for both runs and wickets; when Poria had Read caught, things looked difficult, and Ritchie and McMeekin had to rebuild. This worked well, and the two shared a partnership of 96 before slow left armer Burns, who had plugged away all day, got reward with two chopped balls back to the bowler. Donald, Dwyer and Forner managed to thump a few runs, while McMeekin dragged on Day just before he could reach the century.

Josh Forner got the team off to a good start, trapping Murphy lbw for three, but at the other end Hughes was in control throughout. He rarely found the boundary, preferring instead the quick run and caressing of the ball through the leg side, and though Donald had some initial success by dismissing Smith lbw, captain Simon Keen ensured that the hosts got home safely.

Cricket Web Under-19s 249 for nine (50 overs)
CR McMeekin 96; MR Day 4-54, DJ Burns 2-44, J Poria 2-56

New South Wales Under-19s 250 for three (48.2 overs)
PJ Hughes 123*, SJC Keen 66; BC DOnald 1-46, JNE Forner 1-48, DPW Pares 1-56

New South Wales won by seven wickets
Man of the Match: P. J. Hughes (NSW)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty happy with that performances really. Hughes is the boy to watch in the Australia series and he took the game away, so no big deal. The only real disappointing thing was the lack of support in the batting for McMeekin, but its good to see another batsmen put up his hand for a spot. A bit of competition for middle order spots. Bowling performance was ok, but we lacked a stike bowler when we needed wickets. Going to be tough in that department without Gough, Gundry and maybe Dunn for the opening games.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fantastic innings by Hughes. A few of our batsmen got starts but couldn't push on, very good innings by McMeekin. Bowling was fairly average.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Queensland Under 19s to play Cricket Web Under 19s:

MJ Nicol
A Kemp
ND Rabnott
PC Dein
A O'Sullivan
SN Austin ©
DE O'Brien (wk)
B Matheson
TA Martel
M Gold
JE Fenwick

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
New South Wales all rounder Simon Keen will captain the Australian Under 19s against the touring Cricket Web Under 19s. But the big news the selection of Australian Academy batsmen Phillip Hughes and Micheal Hill who both have been released from an Emerging Nationals Tournment involving sides from New Zealand, South Africa and India to take part in this series.

No less then eight players in this squad have received Rookie State contracts for the next season. With many players from Australia looking to use this series to push their chances of 2nd XI spots in State sides, with a couple players in line for 1st XI duty as well.

Australia Under 19 Squad Announce:

Simon Keen [captain] (New South Wales), Phillip Hughes [vice captain] (New South Wales) , Shaun Austin (Queensland), Daniel Burns (New South Wales), Nathan Coulter-Nile (Western Australia), Matthew Day (New South Wales), James Faulkner (Tasmania), Michael Hill (Victoria), David Murphy (New South Wales), Dom O’Brien (Queensland), James Pattinson (Victoria), Kumar Sarna (Victoria), James Smith (South Australia)

oz_fan

International Regular
Would have been nice to win that game but our bowling wasn't very threatening. Great innings from McMeekin.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Injuries and late arrivals force changes

Australian Under 19 have been forced into making some late changes to their squad after two key fast bowlers James Pattinson and Nathan Coulter-Nile broke down at training yesterday. Their position in the squad have been taken by left arm spinner Shaun Robson and seamer Jeremy Smith.

But the big news was the return of Victorian recuit and experienced Under 19 keeper batsmen Matthew Wade to the squad. Wade returned earlier then expected from his slint playing club cricket in England. Wade was expected to return for the Four Day leg of the tour. But choice to return early to increase his changes of jumping ahead of Adam Croswaite in the keeping stakes at Victoria this season. Wade return also means he will take over the captaincy from Simon Keen. His return means that Australia's Top 6 may contain six contracted State players for next season.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
CW U19s vs QLD U19s

16. MD Luff
4. M Hopgood
##. AS Sharma
7. ZJ Ritchie [6] (c)
##. CR McMeekin
13. BS Read (wk)
11. M Reddlapalli [4]
##. JNE Forner [1]
49. DPW Pares [2]