• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Cricketweb XI in New Zealand December/January

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Sinclair AND Arnel. Judging by the Pak-NZ thread, think that may be the opinion of one poster only... :D

Cribb presumably supporting NZ then

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FC wickets
Kearsley 16 @ 66
Smith 30 @ 41
Hmmm... Interesting. I thought Kearsy was a batting all-rounder rather than a batsman who can bowl a bit. Was I looking at his OD stats, or maybe I remember his time at Fardingham ****s.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hmmm... Interesting. I thought Kearsy was a batting all-rounder rather than a batsman who can bowl a bit. Was I looking at his OD stats, or maybe I remember his time at Fardingham ****s.
He's slightly better in OD 18 wickets @ 38.

He bowled well for my IPL team last season taking 17 wickets @ under 20.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Surprised to read this thread and see people were shocked i didnt bowl :P

Happy with my efforts with the bat, well done to Kerr on his knock.

And yes Heath, bowling is much better in the OD'ers and batting not so good in OD'ers hence i look like a bit of a all rounder. But in FC my bowling is used rarely and rightly so.

cbuts

International Debutant
Uncapped Arnel Named for Kiwis

New Zealand selectors today made two surprise selections when they announced their 12 for the first test against Cricketweb XI at Dunedin on Sunday. 30 year old fast bowler Brent Arnel was the biggest surprise as fresh blood was chosen over the likes of tried and tested players such as James Franklin. Matthew Sinclair returns from the international wilderness as he was prefered over Tim McIntosh and will bat number 3.

The full New Zealand team is
1 Bradly-John Watling
2 Martin Guptill
3 Matthew Sinclair
4 Ross Taylor
5 Neil Broom
6 Daniel Flynn
7 Brendon McCullum (Wicketkeeper)
8 Daniel Vettori (Captain)
9 Tim Southee
10 Daryl Tuffey
11 Brent Arnel
12 Jeetan Patel

Could you have selected a worst NZ team? your going into a test with 1 recognised batsman.

Where is Ryder? Bond? also an what basis does Broom get in this squad, he is argubly one of the worst ever NZ ODI cricketers. He will go down with the likes of Murphy Sua, Richard De Greon, Blair Pocock, Lee Germon?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Could you have selected a worst NZ team? your going into a test with 1 recognised batsman.

Where is Ryder? Bond? also an what basis does Broom get in this squad, he is argubly one of the worst ever NZ ODI cricketers. He will go down with the likes of Murphy Sua, Richard De Greon, Blair Pocock, Lee Germon?
In CW XI we've usually regarded real life injuries/long term absences as CWLand injuries.

Simon

As Liam said, Ryder and Bond injured. O'Brien retired. Besides I didn't pick the team Greg did. I just threw Southee in there cause he accidently left O'Brien in.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing

Haha, the basis of his first class record where he averages 42, and is the highest run scorer in the Plunket Cup this season. ODI form has nothing to do with it. And everyone selected has an NZC contract AFAIK.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Haha, the basis of his first class record where he averages 42, and is the highest run scorer in the Plunket Cup this season. ODI form has nothing to do with it. And everyone selected has an NZC contract AFAIK.
I don't think Watling does but Arnel has one. Though Watling has a cap so....

Simon

Cricketweb XI Name Side for First Test

Cricketweb XI selectors today named their 12 man squad for the first test against New Zealand in Dunedin starting Sunday. Most of the side that played in their tour game has been retained with Andrew Cloete coming in for David Kearsley which means Andrew Garven will make his long awaited test debut. Nick Borcich also comes into the team and will almost certainly play with one of the other fast bowlers to miss out.

Neil Pickup (Captain)
Daniel Smith (Vice-Captain)
Hakon Mork (Wicketkeeper)
Andrew Cloete
Chris Butler
Will Kerr
Andrew Garven
Michael Wilson
Nick Borcich
David Kennett
Greg Thomas
Travis Demeza

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Touch dissapointed to miss out on a spot to Garven, but after hundres of games he probably deserves it :) Good luck mate!

Strong looking side, hopefully can get the CWXI off to a positive start after a year off.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Neil Pickup (Captain)
Daniel Smith (Vice-Captain)
Hakon Mork (Wicketkeeper)
Andrew Cloete
Chris Butler
Will Kerr
Andrew Garven
Michael Wilson
Nick Borcich
David Kennett
Greg Thomas
Travis Demeza
Please tell me this is the batting order. Please please please.

Simon

Yeh Neil has taken over the selection panel and has demanded a bigger batting role.