• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** County Cricket 2020

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Spent time out here playing for Prospect in first grade. Consensus was he was a decent bat, but his bowling was little better than part time medium wobblers

Would be highly surprised if England were interested, but nice to see him forging a good county career for himself

91Jmay

International Coach
Olly Stone out for a month with a side strain after bowling excellently first innings. Sigh. So disappointing, he is much better than Wood and just as quick.

Woodster

International Captain
Olly Stone out for a month with a side strain after bowling excellently first innings. Sigh. So disappointing, he is much better than Wood and just as quick.
Yes so disappointing for Stone, he always seems to pick up an injury just as we start getting excited about him again.

tony p

First Class Debutant
Is it just me, or do bowlers in general seem to pick up injuries more easily than in the old days.

I know some are injury prone, but 15 to 18 overs a day seem to be enough for them to break down

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well he's not getting injured any more than Alan Ward was back in the sixties and seventies. Not any less though.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Ward had to play rather more FC cricket than the current generation. Apart from when he was being sent off by his captain of course.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Steve Finn not even making the Middlesex squad these days and he's not injured. https://www.middlesexccc.com/news/2...-hampshire-bob-willis-trophy-clash-at-radlett

Luke Wells again not in Sussex squad. Also not injured. I presume they've decided they aren't giving him a new contract at the end of the season and not selecting him as a result.

Surrey have week long loans for Laurie Evans and Adam Finch. https://www.kiaoval.com/main-news/evans-finch-join-squad-for-essex-trip/

Foakes, Leach, Lawrence and Bracey remain in the England bubble and thus unavailable for selection. I mean maybe Foakes plays next test. Leach I don't see how they pick him given his lack of bowling. Lawrence and Bracey are behind Crawley surely so have very little chance of playing.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Yes seems ********. Bairstow is playing for Yorkshire so no idea why the likes of Dawson who didn't even play for England is not playing.

Ah seems like they amended the Hampshire squad and added dawson to it. No vince though.

No Moeen for Worcestershire though at this point.

grecian

Is it just me, or do bowlers in general seem to pick up injuries more easily than in the old days.

I know some are injury prone, but 15 to 18 overs a day seem to be enough for them to break down
As I keep on saying, think just bowling very quick puts an huge strain on your body, some are destined to never stand it for long. Joverton must be up on the list of genuine quicks now for England, he says just before he disowns him completely.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
As I keep on saying, think just bowling very quick puts an huge strain on your body, some are destined to never stand it for long. Joverton must be up on the list of genuine quicks now for England, he says just before he disowns him completely.
Ah. So you have heard about the move to Surrey.
Beyond that, how good do you think he is? Genuine question, as I've barely seen the lad play.

grecian

Ah. So you have heard about the move to Surrey.
Beyond that, how good do you think he is? Genuine question, as I've barely seen the lad play.
He's just an extremely erratic fast bowler, on his day he looks like Donald, off it he looks appalling, can't get it on the square, but like all these fast bowlers we talk about he needs to stay fit.

grecian

Yeah, I'm hoping that Grecian hasn't spotted that scorecard. Mind you, something of a recovery by the 4th wicket pair.
As Bijed points out, not even that bothered, our batting being dire, apart from Hildy, is generally helped by lower-order runs and our bowling, might be an idea to have a top-order that wasn't **** though, but ho-hum.