• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** County Cricket 2019

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sadly he won't get the chance to stick it up Lancs next season, but pleased to see that Hameed has got a gig at Trent Bridge - I wish him all the best

Woodster

International Captain
Sadly he won't get the chance to stick it up Lancs next season, but pleased to see that Hameed has got a gig at Trent Bridge - I wish him all the best
Yes let's hope he can start re-building his career. Personally I think the move will do him good, just begin a fresh start somewhere else with a few different voices giving him fresh ideas and hopefully some renewed confidence.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Livingstone opting out of the ipl to concentrate on the cc is good news for lancs and the championship in general. Refreshing to see a player put the longer format first even though he is away in t20 leagues all winter!
This will put him higher up the rank and if Denly or pope fail I can see him being next in line after bairstow

Tom Flint

International Regular
Haha wouldn't surprise me. Hassan azad is exciting prospect to another good start to the season and he will be ready to replace burns or sibley is they're not scoring runs

ataraxia

International Coach
I'd like there to be a variation in pitches, prepared by non-biased groundstaff, rather than the same old green/flat. Unlikely I know.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
some of the paul allotts quotes were ****ing awful

but there needs to be some level of personal responsibility here. everyone seems very quick to just blame the club

the stuff about him ignoring coaches and only listening to his old man is bloody weird

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/...ked-12-points-poor-pitch-championship-decider

Somerset with a 12 point deduction for next years championship (and another 12 points suspended for 2 years) for the wicket at Taunton the last game of the season.
Absolutely ****ing moronic. The ECB are a disgrace. Run scared of any pitch that turns. You get wickets like that in test matches, just learn how to play on them.

How the hell did your guys win in SL with that attitude?

Last edited:

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
So turning pitches are no good, yet absolute turnip fields where blokes bowling 110k outswingers are running through sides are no issue whatsoever.

ITSTL

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
County fixtures out today. Doesn't appear to be as bad as originally feared. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/50549193

Championship starts 12 April and finishes 25 september.

By my calculations the England test only players should be available theoretically for 13 of the 15 rounds.
The multi format England players in theory could be available for the first 7 rounds of the season upto the end of May. However they may well miss the first one or two rounds due to be rested after the winter. Those with IPL contracts like Buttler, Bairstow, Archer, Stokes and Moeen may well not play any championship cricket in 2020.

There's a long break from 10 August to 23 August for those counties that don't reach the quarter finals of the t20 and 50 over cups.

50 over cup happens whilst the Hundred goes on so counties such as Sussex, Surrey and Notts will be particularly hamstrung. However the final is set for 19th September so the hundred players and the England players will be back and available which will likely go down well with those players who have got their counties to that stage.

theegyptian

England lions squad for tour of australia
https://www.ecb.co.uk/england/men/news/1535797/england-lions-squads-confirmed-for-tour-of-australia

England Lions 50-over squad:

Tom Abell (Somerset)
Dom Bess (Somerset)
James Bracey (Gloucestershire)
Henry Brookes (Warwickshire)
Brydon Carse (Durham)
Mason Crane (Hampshire)
Laurie Evans (Sussex)
Richard Gleeson (Lancashire)
Lewis Gregory (Somerset)
Sam Hain (Warwickshire)
Will Jacks (Surrey)
Tom Kohler-Cadmore (Yorkshire)
Dan Lawrence (Essex)
Matt Milnes (Kent)
Tom Moores (Nottinghamshire)
Craig Overton (Somerset)

England Lions four-day squad:

Dom Bess (Somerset)
Zak Crawley (Kent)
Lewis Gregory (Somerset)
Sam Hain (Warwickshire)
Keaton Jennings (Lancashire)
Dan Lawrence (Essex)
Saqib Mahmood (Lancashire)
Sam Northeast (Hampshire)
Craig Overton (Somerset)
Ollie Robinson (Kent)
Ollie Robinson (Sussex)
Dominic Sibley (Warwickshire)
Amar Virdi (Surrey)

theegyptian

Some surprising names although I don't mind them broadening their selections from the normal narrow performance pathways they normally select from.

Surprised they haven't had a look at David Payne of gloucestershire for the white ball stuff. Excellent record. The lefties England have at present are medium pace small guys. Payne a better bowler than CUrran or Willey imo - a bit quicker and taller. Hitting his peak years.

Abell I'm glad is in there. Doesn't have an exceptional record but impressive individual, very atheletic, improving and captain at county level. Exactly the kind of guy they should be looking at.

I'd have liked to have seen a couple of other young quicks. Matt Fisher and Luke Wood. Fisher has had lots of injuries but has that international potential and needs to actually play some cricket. Wood good fielder and lower order bat, swings the new ball at mid 80s, maybe consistency isn't there yet but another who needs some higher level cricket imo.

Matt Milnes imo doesn't have international potential from what I've seen. Surprised he's in. Ollie Robinson (the kent one) too is a little surprising. Young and did reasonably this past season but this maybe too soon having seen him bat a bit.

Makes sense to see Crawley and Sibley in the lions squad. Good experience of Australia.

I'd be a bit nervous at Lancs with Mahmood and Gleeson. Stress fractures incoming?

FBU

International Debutant
Some surprising names although I don't mind them broadening their selections from the normal narrow performance pathways they normally select from.

Surprised they haven't had a look at David Payne of gloucestershire for the white ball stuff. Excellent record. The lefties England have at present are medium pace small guys. Payne a better bowler than CUrran or Willey imo - a bit quicker and taller. Hitting his peak years.

Abell I'm glad is in there. Doesn't have an exceptional record but impressive individual, very atheletic, improving and captain at county level. Exactly the kind of guy they should be looking at.

I'd have liked to have seen a couple of other young quicks. Matt Fisher and Luke Wood. Fisher has had lots of injuries but has that international potential and needs to actually play some cricket. Wood good fielder and lower order bat, swings the new ball at mid 80s, maybe consistency isn't there yet but another who needs some higher level cricket imo.

Matt Milnes imo doesn't have international potential from what I've seen. Surprised he's in. Ollie Robinson (the kent one) too is a little surprising. Young and did reasonably this past season but this maybe too soon having seen him bat a bit.

Makes sense to see Crawley and Sibley in the lions squad. Good experience of Australia.

I'd be a bit nervous at Lancs with Mahmood and Gleeson. Stress fractures incoming?
Can't believe Jennings has come back.

I'd have picked Tongue, Stone, Helm and Garton as the bowlers.

theegyptian

Jennings they are apparently lining up for the main Sri Lanka tour so probably though he needed some cricket, although Australia probably isn't the best warmup.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/...etter-manchester-originals-coach-simon-katich yes this looks stupid. Also if Chapple and Chilton are both assistant coaches to Katich, who is coaching the remaining lancashire players in the 50 over cup? Seems ********. All the coaches of hundred sides are foreign but then a load of the county coaches have jerkoff assistant coach roles. Gale of Yorkshire too is assistant coach at the northern superchargers. Deserve to be sacked tbh although can only assume that Lancs are amenable given the original cricinfo article.

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
"An ECB spokesperson reiterated that there is no overlap in the two teams' governance, that Katich is not employed by the club, and that it has introduced safeguards to ensure that no conflict of interests arises." :laugh:

tony p

First Class Debutant
England lions squad for tour of australia
https://www.ecb.co.uk/england/men/news/1535797/england-lions-squads-confirmed-for-tour-of-australia

England Lions 50-over squad:

Tom Abell (Somerset)
Dom Bess (Somerset)
Henry Brookes (Warwickshire)
Brydon Carse (Durham)
Mason Crane (Hampshire)
Laurie Evans (Sussex)
Lewis Gregory (Somerset)
Sam Hain (Warwickshire)
Will Jacks (Surrey)
Tom Kohler-Cadmore (Yorkshire)
Dan Lawrence (Essex)
Matt Milnes (Kent)
Tom Moores (Nottinghamshire)
Craig Overton (Somerset)

England Lions four-day squad:

Dom Bess (Somerset)
Zak Crawley (Kent)
Lewis Gregory (Somerset)
Sam Hain (Warwickshire)
Keaton Jennings (Lancashire)
Dan Lawrence (Essex)
Saqib Mahmood (Lancashire)
Sam Northeast (Hampshire)
Craig Overton (Somerset)
Ollie Robinson (Kent)
Ollie Robinson (Sussex)
Dominic Sibley (Warwickshire)
Amar Virdi (Surrey)
unless he is injured, i'm staggered that RYAN HIGGINS of gloucestershire didn't get a call up into one of the squads to at least look at.
his allround form over the last two years is very impressive.

would have also taken a punt for the 50 over team on FYNN HUDSON-PRENTICE of derbyshire. has the x factor.

saw both higgins & hudson-prentice on my visit to england this year, both were outstanding and have an ability to drag their team along with their performance.

cpr

International Coach
It does surprise me a bit that, especially in light of Gleeson getting a look, that Tom Bailey isn't considered too. Has been our most consistent bowler for 2 years, even impressed when we went down, and is 4 years younger than Gleeson too - he's right at that peak age at the moment. I suppose he's 'too English' a bowler for touring, but he wouldn't be the first Lancs bowler to overcome that critique...