• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Club Cricket (8-9)

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Robertinho said:
Actually Jamee's stats are misleading, he played about 11 innings with 7 not outs and only scored around 300 runs. Plus he has the wrong attitude
WHOA! LOOK OUT! Venomous words those..

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Black and Red down, two more to go.

Blue on their way to the top!

Surely you can settle these things on MSN, unless you like making team issues public?

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't know why Marc chooses to discipline players in the forum? But yeah fair enough.

Anyway, Marc, there are many things that I've seen posted that are worse than that, and if you're being 100% serious that you're upset about me saying those words (obviously in jest? hardly serious?)... then I apologise, and I will be more prudent in future.

dinu23

International Debutant
Robertinho said:
I don't know why Marc chooses to discipline players in the forum? But yeah fair enough.

Anyway, Marc, there are many things that I've seen posted that are worse than that, and if you're being 100% serious that you're upset about me saying those words (obviously in jest? hardly serious?)... then I apologise, and I will be more prudent in future.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Why yes, that's a perfect example of "the use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning." Good spot, Jamee.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Robertinho said:
Why yes, that's a perfect example of "the use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning." Good spot, Jamee.
Actually, if Jamee is saying it's ironic for you to tell people to shut up when in fact everyone wants you to shut up, that's a valid use of irony. There is more than one definition. :)

Travis_Teh

International Regular
FaaipDeOiad said:
Actually, if Jamee is saying it's ironic for you to tell people to shut up when in fact everyone wants you to shut up, that's a valid use of irony. There is more than one definition. :)
"How embarrassing".

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
FaaipDeOiad said:
True, but there's another word that has more than one definition - pedantry ;)

cricketboy29

International Regular
moving swiftly on, you know the improvements that we were supposed to get from club cricket are they out yet?, any news on that?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Good question. I think Liam said at the start of the club cricket season he would tell us who had improved, but not how much.

cricketboy29

International Regular
it really is sad, i dont know why im not in the official statistics, the ones updated up to the end of club cricket