• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Brad Hogg Appreciation Thread

Hoggy

U19 12th Man
Let loose with all your favourite memories and anecdotes of Australia's number 1 left arm wrist spinner who bats a bit in this thread to cap off a great day for George Brad "matchwinner" Hogg.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
When i realised he has a family and isn't 21. No offence to him, but he moves around like he's only a young fella.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
i remember a game a season or two ago in the VB series where russell tiffin was umpiring, perhaps when nz/s.afr last toured, and i remember hating the game because umpire tiffin showed himself to be the worst umpire in the world and hogg dropped a catch or two and had an awful game. presumably, we lost the game as well which didn't help my mood.

maybe i'd like him more if we didn't have to see his tongue so much :S

Swervy

International Captain
Crazy Sam said:
i remember a game a season or two ago in the VB series where russell tiffin was umpiring, perhaps when nz/s.afr last toured, and i remember hating the game because umpire tiffin showed himself to be the worst umpire in the world and hogg dropped a catch or two and had an awful game. presumably, we lost the game as well which didn't help my mood.

that tongue really does make him look like a rather stupid but eager to please Labrador puppy

Hoggy

U19 12th Man
Crazy Sam said:

Sri Lanka at the SCG when Jayasuriya hit about 280. Erase that memory :)

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My favourite memory of Brad Hogg is when he was absolutely smashed to all corners of the ground in the World Cup final by Sehwag. If Ponting & Martyn hadn't of put on such a good partnership Hogg would have lost us the match. :p

Hoggy

U19 12th Man
I would hazard a guess that Hogg wouldnt have been the only one that went at 6 an over in that game. Funnily enough he still got a wicket and had 13 wickets at 20 odd for the tournament.

If you want to make an anti-appreciation one go right ahead but this is for appreciation only.

Mister Wright

Hoggy said:
I would hazard a guess that Hogg wouldnt have been the only one that went at 6 an over in that game. Funnily enough he still got a wicket and had 13 wickets at 20 odd for the tournament.

If you want to make an anti-appreciation one go right ahead but this is for appreciation only.

That depends on what your definition of appreciation is. I appreciate Hogg more when I see him getting carted all around the park and making a fool of himself, so therefore I have just as much right as anyone else to post in this thread.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
That depends on what your definition of appreciation is. I appreciate Hogg more when I see him getting carted all around the park and making a fool of himself, so therefore I have just as much right as anyone else to post in this thread.
I really admire the way he carries himself after being hammered out of his senses. He continues to have that smug satisfied look of someone who has just bottled up the opponents and mesmerised them with his craft.

How does he manage that ?/ :huh:

Mister Wright

SJS said:
I really admire the way he carries himself after being hammered out of his senses. He continues to have that smug satisfied look of someone who has just bottled up the opponents and mesmerised them with his craft.

How does he manage that ?/ :huh:

He's an ex-postie. I think he feels that as long as his not on that little scooter anything is better.

Sudeep

International Captain
I like how he made way for the better player (me :)) to play for Western Australia, even when he wasn't called up to the national team for Test matches.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
A great season with the bat for Championship winning Bears.

Don't think we'll talk about his efforts with the ball though...

Hoggy31

International Captain
He may not be the best bowler in the world but he never stops trying, and his fielding is excellent. hoggy is a legend in my book.