• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Big Bash League

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
O'Keefe's split webbing almost no longer an issue, but he has a side strain. Rohrer only out because of a calf strain.

Strain.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Brad Haddin (c)
Dwayne Bravo
Ed Cowan
Josh Hazlewood
Moises Henriques
Brett Lee
Michael Lumb
Stuart MacGill
Nic Maddinson
Steve Smith
Mitchell Starc
Dominic Thornely (12th Man)

Cowan in for Nev from Spikey's team.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
I'm actually looking forward to the BBL. Hope Hayden and Hopes can excel over the next two months.

p.s. with no shield cricket during the BBL, if Hayden is scoring heaps of runs we could always draft him back into the test side ;)

Hoggy

U19 12th Man
Reckon Brisbane's team will look something like this...

1. Hayden
2. McCullum
3. Lynn
4. Forrest
5. Hopes
6. Christian
7. Hartley
8. Hauritz
9. Swan
10. McDermott
11. Buchanan

Going by betting sites, Vettori is a non starter, as well as Neser, Paulsen, Harris and Broad.

I've got a sneaky suspicion that Brisbane will win though. If they bat first I can see a 15 or so run victory to them. It will be a low scorer though. 145 or so will be the target to chase.

Bets
Sixers hi-bat Michael Lumb $4.50
Heat hi-bat Brendon McCullum $3.75

Team most 6s Sixers $2.15

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Serious question; who (if anyone) has the UK rights for this?

Perth's home games start at 10am UK time, which actually might make them watchable.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
I'm heading out to the Sixers game tommorow. I'm actually pretty excited for this upcoming Big Bash, could turn out to be more than decent.

Is Starc likely to play tommorow?

Spikey

because the bcci are ****s and instead of playing in December like normal teams they demand to play in January. #sadbutture

ganeshran

International Debutant
because the bcci are ****s and instead of playing in December like normal teams they demand to play in January. #sadbutture
Not really. England played the fourth and fifth tests in December end and Jan first week in 2010. Pakistan in 2009 played three tests with the first one starting on Boxing day. This is pretty much the normal schedule.

benchmark00

Not really. England played the fourth and fifth tests in December end and Jan first week in 2010. Pakistan in 2009 played three tests with the first one starting on Boxing day. This is pretty much the normal schedule.
Nah, if Australia played India in December then there'd be a Sheffield Shield round in the lead up to the first test.

Spikey

Over the last 10-15 years, it's pretty much always the last test of the summer. See: Aggregate/overall records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

Admittedly in the last couple of 6 test summers there's been another test afterwards, but the last time we had a test this late in the summer was...well when India was here last. Tests on Aus day used to be the norm but that went on the window during the 90's. For whatever reason though when we seem to have brought them back for India.

So to a degree I feel for CA a tiny bit. It's a very, very long summer, ODers are still gonna be played in March so the bigbash was always gonna be scheduled at an awkward time if they went on with the reform....so i guess you could say "why do the reform this year?"

ganeshran

International Debutant
Over the last 10-15 years, it's pretty much always the last test of the summer. See: Aggregate/overall records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

Admittedly in the last couple of 6 test summers there's been another test afterwards, but the last time we had a test this late in the summer was...well when India was here last. Tests on Aus day used to be the norm but that went on the window during the 90's. For whatever reason though when we seem to have brought them back for India.

So to a degree I feel for CA a tiny bit. It's a very, very long summer, ODers are still gonna be played in March so the bigbash was always gonna be scheduled at an awkward time if they went on with the reform....so i guess you could say "why do the reform this year?"
It doesnt make it BCCI's fault like you originally posted, since if the Big Bash was scheduled at the same time in the last two years, it would still have clashed almost entirely with the test season.

IMO, if CA didnt want it to clash with the tests they should have looked at pushing the India tour. But they might not have wanted to do it since it would go against a long standing tradition of starting a match on Boxing day