• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Big Bash League 2019/20

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is it universally accepted that the BBL is way too long? I attended a game on 29 December, it was fun. Here I am on 8 February, apparently it’s the final, no bastard is there and I lost interest weeks ago?
It’s been a good tourney this year tbh. A week shorter would be perfect though.

No one is there because we’re due three months’ rain this weekend and people have literally been told not to go out. I had four tix in the Members reserved and CBF with it live on tv and Cafe Patron at home

Spark

Global Moderator
Is it universally accepted that the BBL is way too long? I attended a game on 29 December, it was fun. Here I am on 8 February, apparently it’s the final, no bastard is there and I lost interest weeks ago?
In fairness the final actually sold out almost immediately, but most people expected that the SCG would be a lake, not hosting a game of cricket, so didn't show up. But yeah crowds have fallen off massively esp in Melbourne since the end of the school holidays.

Burgey

Peter should have used his hands to put Larkin’s long spikes in instead of to comb.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It’s been a good tourney this year tbh. A week shorter would be perfect though.

No one is there because we’re due three months’ rain this weekend and people have literally been told not to go out. I had four tix in the Members reserved and CBF with it live on tv and Cafe Patron at home
How long were you on the waiting list to become a member? Did father Burge sign up your name as a kid

Burgey

How long were you on the waiting list to become a member? Did father Burge sign up your name as a kid
Mrs Burgey’s dad gave me his gold membership shortly before he passed away. Was very kind of him. Waiting list is currently around 25 years or so.

It’s nerve racking having the membership when you have a sport mad son - every time he gets me a drink I’m worried he’s slipped me some cyanide.

mr_mister

Mrs Burgey’s dad gave me his gold membership shortly before he passed away. Was very kind of him. Waiting list is currently around 25 years or so.

It’s nerve racking having the membership when you have a sport mad son - every time he gets me a drink I’m worried he’s slipped me some cyanide.
A friend of mine's dad(mine and his junior cricket coach) started paying each year for him to go on the waiting list when he was 8, or however it works. We were already playing two man backyard tests at that age so it was a ballsy but safe call. Both still cricket mad but I'm still not sure if he's a member yet

Burgey

A friend of mine's dad(mine and his junior cricket coach) started paying each year for him to go on the waiting list when he was 8, or however it works. We were already playing two man backyard tests at that age so it was a ballsy but safe call. Both still cricket mad but I'm still not sure if he's a member yet
It’s not that expensive once you’re in tbh. Joining fee is the bastard but it’s less than $2000 a year as a gold member and that gets you scg and the footy stadium plus the pool which is awesome fun when it’s stinking hot and you’re there for the test, and fitness centre - which I pretend I haven’t seen every time I go to the cricket. And I can take up to three guests at a time so it’s good value when you think it’s $120 plus per day for a quality seat in a stand for a day at the test

Last edited:

Gnske

Adam Zampa, the most improved cricketer in Australia according to Shane Warne.

Must be something in his pizzas.

Spikey

Adam Zampa, the most improved cricketer in Australia according to Shane Warne.

Must be something in his pizzas.
hopefully the redbacks give him a fair go in the shield. legspinners are so important