• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh vs West Indies

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, they are just being used as whipping boys by the established teams. They are so clearly out of their depth. Forget winning, they should atleast try to give a good account of themselves. Instead, it's just been one massacre after the other.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
They'll get there...

An optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty, eh Anil?

And Lawson needs hearty congratulations for that spell. Yeah, it was Bangladesh, but no one else has taken 6-3 against them have they?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I have always rated Kenya above Bangladesh but I believe the reason why Bangladesh was picked first was because of politics in Kenya & that they really have no system.

I know Bangladesh is attempting to establish a proper system.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
But Bangladesh in that last match...that was shooting a White Elephant on a Black Background...it wasn't sport...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Bazzaroodoo
Why was the elephant white and the background black? Are you racist? ;)
Hahaha but I didn't say the Elephant was Bangladeshi did I ;)

Bazza

International 12th Man
No but you must be racist, otherwise you would have said a black elephant on a white background? I mean why does the background have to be black?!?! ;)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
No but you must be racist, otherwise you would have said a black elephant on a white background? I mean why does the background have to be black?!?! ;)
I change my statement...its a blue chicken on a sea green British Airways Jumbo Jet :lol:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by marc71178
I change my statement...its a blue chicken on a sea green British Airways Jumbo Jet :lol:
British is racist as well, why wasn't it a PIA jet? :lol:
It was because I can't think of an Indian company off hand...

Bazza

International 12th Man
So you're ignorant and racist?!

I guess at this stage you're hoping if you keep digging a deeper hole, you'll popo out in Australia in time to see the VB Series right? :lol:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
So you're ignorant and racist?!

I guess at this stage you're hoping if you keep digging a deeper hole, you'll popo out in Australia in time to see the VB Series right? :lol:
Yeah dude...catch some surf 8D

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Originally posted by Neil Pickup
They'll get there...

An optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty, eh Anil?

And Lawson needs hearty congratulations for that spell. Yeah, it was Bangladesh, but no one else has taken 6-3 against them have they?
I am not belittling the West Indian achievement. It's just that the opposition could have put up more of a fight.

Rich2001

International Captain
Bangladesh Show fight... as they peg West Indies back...

West Indies at lunch are on 149/5 still 50 odd runs behind the visitors score.

Oh ok so it's not super but it's an improvment from past performances...lets hope they can finish the lower order/tail off quickly and post a respectable target....

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Excellent job by Bangladesh. Credit is given where credit is due and they seem to be improving rather nicely. They kept WI to a lead of about 100 and are 40/0 at stumps. Congratulations!

Bazza

International 12th Man
We need Bangladesh to put in a few more performances like this, so as to stop everyone saying they should be chucked out of test cricket and that they are a disgrace to the game. :(

Rich2001

International Captain
Originally posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
The only disgrace to the game are cheaters...
Excatly

Anyway on with the cricket... WI won by 7 wkts after dismissing Bangladesh for just over 200, leaving just over 100 for the West Indies to chase and win the test and series.... which they did 3 down.

Well done to both teams...a massive improvement by Bangladesh.... they just need to score a few more runs now, they seem to get bowled out in the 100's a little to offten...and their bowling seems to have improved alot to...bowling the WI out for under 300 isn't a bad job, considering the talent in their line up.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
The batsmen all have the talent, they just need to show the application and focus not to play stupid shots and throw their wickets away.

Alok Kapali has shown what they're capable of :)

Come on Bangladesh!