• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh Tour of West Indies (& Guyana) 2022

Aritro

International Regular
Lame. At least we avoided a tonking in one of the matches. This team is so dire. I mean the test team is dire af, but the T20 team is even worse. They are just so utterly hapless at scoring quickly.

Aritro

International Regular
Bijoy back in this format is a good call imo.
Yeah I'm stoked about it, and hope his Bradmanesque Dhaka league exploits translate to some decent ODI performances. We could desperately use another fluent strokeplayer to push the run rate.

He looks balanced, light on his feet and organised. Maybe he always did though. Saifuddin missing is a big loss for us, he's a really important cog (and underutilised batting talent).

Not sure what West Indies can get out of a T20 series against a team that might realistically be 12th or 13th best in the world at this format, but having all their good players missing at least gives them a chance to see how some fringe players fare against really poor opposition.

Is it me, or did Hayden Walsh Jr look really good against Australia in the pyjama ****e? I note the Caribbean folk on here don't rate him at all, which surprised me. Although he did look pretty erratic in the couple of overs I watched from him before I turned in this morning.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Is it me, or did Hayden Walsh Jr look really good against Australia in the pyjama ****e? I note the Caribbean folk on here don't rate him at all, which surprised me. Although he did look pretty erratic in the couple of overs I watched from him before I turned in this morning.
He is extremely inconsistent, as likely to bowl a spell full of long hops as he is land his leggies.

Having said that, he did bowl well against Australia and his googly is now pretty effective. I'm just not sure how long we can wait until he puts it together more consistently.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Wtf is Brooks doing in a T20 squad? It seems Desmond Haynes feels that one anchor is needed bit in reality it's just a waste of a spot.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Which quicks would start if the world Cup was tomorrow? They seem to like smith and shepherd who have both done well but so has McCoy, holder and Joseph to come back too.
That's without thinking about Russell who I think they should leave out permanently

WICFan

U19 Captain
Which quicks would start if the world Cup was tomorrow? They seem to like smith and shepherd who have both done well but so has McCoy, holder and Joseph to come back too.
That's without thinking about Russell who I think they should leave out permanently
I have my doubts about Shepherd, he can be really expensive and loses his radar quite easily.

McCoy is a must, probably with Smith, Joseph and Holder. Cottrell might still make it depending on what his injury status is.

Aritro

International Regular
I think this would be a decent platform for a normal team but there's no power hitters to pull the run rate back from here.

Aritro

International Regular
I feel for this crowd watching a non-contest like this. I don't think it's acceptable just accepting you're going to lose without even attempting to push the run rate. If the bowling is tight, at least bring out the ramps and reverse sweeps.

Aritro

International Regular
They decided they didn't want to chase 194 and set themselves a target of 155 instead.

A good win for Bangladesh. Hopefully they can kick on from here and clinch the series.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
16.1 Taskin Ahmed to Powell, SIX, you got be kidding me! This man hits tough balls for sixes and you run in and bowl slot? Naah, not on. Taskin Ahmed tried the yorker but unfortunately missed the length by a distance. Oh thank you very much sir kind of brutal smack over wide long-on

Lol ?

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The match start is delayed...

Every time international cricket comes to Guyana just be prepared for tons of rain lol...

But, the Providence Stadium is one of the fastest draining grounds in the world.

Davo: "Leaving home which is 10 mins away to go Providence Stadium...and after rain whole morning the sun is out in glory. Typical Guyana weather...cricket lovely cricket!"