• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh Tour of West Indies (& Guyana) 2022

Slifer

International Captain
Good win, can't complain. The pacers did their job, Jayden looked like he refound his form (average of 16 despite not bowling as well as he can) and Alzarri found the enforcer role really suited him.

Batting wise Kraigg is carrying in his form, Kyle looked back to his bat and Blackwood has had a batting brain transplant, long may it continue. John Campbell did enough to keep his spot for now.

Bonner's form is a concern, I worry that he will be found out in Australia, he really struggles against the bounce.

A word for Bangladesh though, their bowlers really impressed me, it was refreshing to see such a disciplined and skillful group of seamers. They just need to learn to bat against the moving ball.

I'm also sure they will have the last laugh in the white ball matches.
WI will likely get destroyed down under, everyone but India does so that's neither here nor there. But if atleast one of our bowlers could average under 30 and one of our batsmen over 40 I'd be very satisfied. Baby steps. This also applies to the South African tour.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
WI will likely get destroyed down under, everyone but India does so that's neither here nor there. But if atleast one of our bowlers could average under 30 and one of our batsmen over 40 I'd be very satisfied. Baby steps. This also applies to the South African tour.
In South Africa I expect us to bowl them out cheaply at least once even if we lose. Our bowlers basically bowled them out cheaply in the Caribbean it's just that Nortje bundled us out for even less ?.

Agreed in regards to Australia though, my expectations are minimal, especially for the batting lineup.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The white ball squads have been announced,

T20I squad: Nicholas Pooran (capt), Rovman Powell (vice-capt), Shamarh Brooks, Akeal Hosein, Alzarri Joseph, Brandon King, Kyle Mayers, Obed McCoy, Keemo Paul, Romario Shepherd, Odean Smith, Devon Thomas, Hayden Walsh Jr, Dominic Drakes (reserve player)

Out: Kieron Pollard, Fabian Allen, Darren Bravo, Roston Chase, Sheldon Cottrell, Jason Holder, Shai Hope

In: Obed McCoy, Shamarh Brooks, Alzarri Joseph, Keemo Paul, Devon Thomas

ODI squad: Nicholas Pooran (capt), Shai Hope (vice-capt), Shamarh Brooks, Keacy Carty, Akeal Hosein, Alzarri Joseph, Brandon King, Kyle Mayers, Gudakesh Motie, Keemo Paul, Anderson Phillip, Rovman Powell, Jayden Seales, Romario Shepherd (reserve player)

Out: Nkrumah Bonner, Shermon Lewis, Hayden Walsh Jr

In: Gudakesh Motie

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
The white ball squads have been announced
So I like what Haynes is doing with the red ball side, but his panel seems genuinely clueless when it comes to white ball. I've no idea what their strategy is. So far they've randomly tried the likes of Bonner and Roach for one series and then discarded them. Motie comes in and out. We've no idea what they are doing with Sheldon Cotterell and Fabian Allen. It's all over the place.

Granted we're missing 3 key players in Lewis, Hety and Holder, but I just look at that squad and think they don't know what they're doing.

SillyCowCorner1

So I like what Haynes is doing with the red ball side, but his panel seems genuinely clueless when it comes to white ball. I've no idea what their strategy is. So far they've randomly tried the likes of Bonner and Roach for one series and then discarded them. Motie comes in and out. We've no idea what they are doing with Sheldon Cotterell and Fabian Allen. It's all over the place.

Granted we're missing 3 key players in Lewis, Hety and Holder, but I just look at that squad and think they don't know what they're doing.
Agree with you. Roach and Bonner have no business being in the white-ball side.

Motie is all format, in my opinion.
I honestly don't know where they are going with Walsh Jr. The least effective leg-spinner in international cricket.

Allen just lost his contract. No word on Cotterell

Aritro

International Regular
Did the Windies not manage to get a shirt sponsor at all for these matches? What a shame. A Bangladeshi company should have got on board.

SillyCowCorner1

Did the Windies not manage to get a shirt sponsor at all for these matches? What a shame. A Bangladeshi company should have got on board.
On the contrary I like that it’s just plain without any sponsors name plastered on it like nascar…

A throwback

SillyCowCorner1

16:11 Local Time, 20:11 GMT, 01:41 IST: Surprise, surprise! The sun is shining as bright as ever now but there is also a bit of a drizzle. Strange weather being seen in Dominica.

Rain, rain…go away